PDA

View Full Version : Aviance interview

mgammans
22nd Mar 2005, 12:25
Hi

I have been invited to attend an open day with Aviance tomorrow for a Ramp Agent position and wondered if anyone can give me an idea of what I can expect.

Also is anyone able to give me an idea of what they are like to work for and what the opportunities to progress within the company are like (especialy to dispatcher)?

Thanks for your help

Michael

CosmosSchwartz
22nd Mar 2005, 12:34
I'd suggest the "flight ops, crewing and dispatch" forum would get you a more informed response.:ok:

Ex Oggie
22nd Mar 2005, 17:33
Answering your questions in order:

Crap
Crap
None............

But if you can stand it for a year, the experience will give you a good understanding of flight op's.

RowleyUK
22nd Mar 2005, 18:01
:{

Aviance...............Wouldnt even bother going........Aviance at MAN are terrible!!

Look at a different handling agent.....

mgammans
22nd Mar 2005, 20:03
Thanks for your help, can I quickly clarify that working as a Ramp agent for a year or so will give a good understanding of flight ops and enable me to progress into an operations or dispatch role?

Thanks for your help

blueb0y79
23rd Mar 2005, 16:18
If all else fails try www.aviationrecruitment.co.uk. There are some more jobs on there, some for despatch and some at check in and stuff.

BB

skywaytoheaven
23rd Mar 2005, 21:11
Aviance......AvianALaugh isn't it! However(more constructive) if your waiting on a first airline job, it would give you some very good experience of airline ops + you give you a heads up on load sheets!

WindSheer
24th Mar 2005, 15:27
I find Aviance at CWL excellent!

Its obviously down to your location.
They are certainly of a more friendly nature than their larger competitor!!

Ex Oggie
24th Mar 2005, 18:33
Its obviously down to your location.
Unlike the station at CVT that disappeared overnight and shafted several of it's rampies at the same time.

mgammans

Any experience is better than none. I am a firm believer in starting from the bottom and learning the basics hands on, so don't turn the opportunity down. 'Avalanche' don't have the best reputation, but that is down to management failings rather than the folks on the ground, who do their best under difficult circumstances. I believe Groundstar currently have a pretty good reputation amongst their employees, but dont quote me!

WindSheer
24th Mar 2005, 20:45
Try and get yourelf into an actual airline.
I am in, and the amount of Captains that are pushing me to do my training is unreal - they will even bend over backwards to give me ref's etc. It definately helps.