PDA

View Full Version : FR Blackpool to Girona Bookings

BPL321
22nd Mar 2005, 11:03
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone knows how FR bookings are shaping up for this new route which starts March 31st?

Hope they are good as FR might consider adding more routes from Blackpool in the future. Don't want to consider the other side of this coin!

rufus.t.firefly
22nd Mar 2005, 16:06
Hi BPL 321 thought the service started in May ?

Oshkosh George
22nd Mar 2005, 16:23
I obtained a positive response when I did a trial booking exercise for 31st March.

BPL321
22nd Mar 2005, 17:02
No its defo 31st March unless there has been a change of plan.

I guess one way of finding out what the loads are like is to head down to the airport for the first flight.

rufus.t.firefly
22nd Mar 2005, 18:07
Just can't wait to see the Terminal busting at the seams with all this throughput !!

The Terminal bar is usually in darkness by 2130. On saturday night it was in darkness at 19.00 !!

Lets hope the staff like working late.................:uhoh:

BPL321
1st Apr 2005, 10:51
Sorry for bringing this topic up again.

Was just wondering how busy the 1st Girona FR flight was last night out of BLK and how many people actually came into BLK on it last night too.

rufus.t.firefly
1st Apr 2005, 12:52
Sounds like it was around more than 50% full , however how long it will last is the other question. You get into Girona around
2300 dont you ? Even if it is peanuts you've lost one day as soon
as you get on Spanish soil.

Some mutterings of possible flight time changes ahead......anybody heard abut this ?

dada
1st Apr 2005, 13:09
SOMEWHERE between 0 and 189

and a time change would be very nice indeed

BPL321
1st Apr 2005, 13:36
Dada, I thought the pax load would be between 0 and 189. Did it take a degree in Maths to come to that assumption? Dont worry I'm having a laugh.

Oh well atleast their were some people on it. Hopefully as it becomes established the numbers will grow.

Agree that the flight time is not the most attractive but another way to think about it is the day you fly home you do have most of daylight hours to do something but I agree the time could do with changing but i'd sooner have the route/time we have now rather than no route at all. I believe LPLs time to Girona is similar.

Seperate issue but still at BLK. Been having a hard search for this A2B Airways but nothing found yet weekly adverts in paper for cabin crew etc. Anyone shed some light on the issue?

Localiser Green
1st Apr 2005, 13:37
That doesn't seem to be putting people off, there are only 11 seats available on Saturday nights flight BLK-GRO (tomorrow) and only 30 seats left on Sunday night (3rd).

(According to Ryanair.com)

loveJet
1st Apr 2005, 14:03
bournemouth-barcelona loads are amazing, so i suppose blackpool-barcelona will be pretty good too.

dada
1st Apr 2005, 14:10
and for anyone who's interested, its 747 miles between the 2 airports

BPL321
1st Apr 2005, 14:14
lol. Dada are you in a Mathematical/statistical type of mood this afternoon?

Well sounds like the loads are pretty good. Had a go at booking 15 adults onto tomorrows flight and couldn't get them. Had to go down to 12 before I could get anything.

LTNman
1st Apr 2005, 14:25
That doesn't seem to be putting people off, there are only 11 seats available on Saturday nights flight BLK-GRO (tomorrow) and only 30 seats left on Sunday night (3rd).

But can Ryanair take a full load with Blackpool's short runway and Ryanair's de-rated engines?

dada
1st Apr 2005, 14:28
no, thats why they sell all the seats?

BPL321
1st Apr 2005, 14:38
LTNman. I'm sure FR and Blackpool Airport have taken into consideration the fact that if the flights were full the plane would end up in the sea or ploughing someones field.

The short runway has not bothered the take-off run of a BY B757, an AEA B738 an FI B757.

garethjk22
3rd Apr 2005, 22:10
Flights all weekend and into this week are nearly full, 180 went out on Thursday (31st) with a couple of no shows.

Surprisingly, Ryanairs ops people visited the airport (as they do every airport Ryanair fly to) to assess the capabilityt to handle the aircraft, flights from BLK can travel well beyond GRO, even with the lower thrust engines.

Sales are going well, as are the other routes ex BLK.

In bound loads are also strong.