PDA

View Full Version : qantas panel interview etc...

cindyj
22nd Mar 2005, 05:43
hi there all,
i have just been for the panel interview late jan then got an email from them saying that i had progressed to the next stage, and that i would hear back from them on the 4th of feb i still have not heard anything and when i rang them the other day i got no real answer as to wether i have finally go the job or not. i was asked if i would work for mam or what my options were..
has anyone else heard anything from them if you have got this far also???? i am so desperate to talk to anyone who might be able to give me any idea.. :{

cindyj

RollzRoyce
22nd Mar 2005, 06:12
Hello Cindyj!

I know exactly how you feel. If I was you I would have definately accepted the MAM offer, as it seems to be the only way to get into QF these days! Next training sessions will commence on the 11th and 18th of April. I'm aware that the class on the 11th is full but not quite sure for the class on the 18th.

If I was you I would call Qantas again and ask for any other future opportunities and that you will (and this is if you want) consider working for MAM.

Qantas has not recruited Permanent staff since 2003. So as you can see CASUAL is the way to go these days.

Anyway, if you have any other questions you may like to ask, feel free to Private Message me.

Rollz :ok:

Mr Seatback 2
22nd Mar 2005, 07:42
The last recruitment I was aware of Qantas recruiting permanent staff dates back to 2002.

Where, and when, did they recruit permanent crew in 2003?

RollzRoyce
22nd Mar 2005, 07:48
It may have been in 2002. I remember 2003 for permanent domestic positions. I stand to be corrected.

cindyj
22nd Mar 2005, 08:39
hey again,
did you guys happen to see that conversation that said she got the job and starts on the 11th i think it said?? wonder if its true or not.
im going to ring qantas tomorrow and ask them if they could possiably just get me into mam instead of all this waiting i will let you know what happens tomorrow what they say etc...

are you guys already working for qantas in sydney??

cindyj

OZcabincrew
22nd Mar 2005, 08:54
Rollz

No need to be corrected, you were already correct. Some MAM casuals in SYD were made permanent and offered PER base in 2003 when the base opened.

GalleyHag
22nd Mar 2005, 09:03
This information relates to short haul only:

In early 2003, 50 MAM casuals were converted to permanent when the Perth short haul base opened, therefore there was no advertised recruitment drive.

Prior to that some 200 crew were offered permanent in 2001/02 and most of these crew were recruited in early 2001 I think from memory it may have been March as some people from that recruitment drive were offered fixed term others offered the short list, the ones on the short list were offered permanent after the Ansett collapse.

The next recruitment drive was in November 2002 and that was the short list horror where just about everyone was dropped or offered token positions with MAM and some fixed term long haul positions.

So as you can see the last official recruitment drive by Qantas for the short haul division for actual positions occured in March 2001 (or somewhere around that date).

Now we have a situation where in some bases casuals out number the permanent crew and I thought the FAAA (if you are reading) had an agreement with Qantas where the use and employment of casuals would be strictly controlled. Having a whole workforce of casuals is not good business sense in my opinion and I for one would love to see a big injection of permanent crew just to restore the balance and give some hope to our hard working MAM crew.

RollzRoyce
22nd Mar 2005, 09:07
Thanks Oz!

I had a feeling 2002 didnt sound quite right ;)

jesski
22nd Mar 2005, 09:26
cindyj
there are lots of us in the same position.... i got the email about 6 weeks ago and havent heard anything, but my references have been contacted since then.
there is already a forum for qantas panel interviews by the way, you'll meet a few more in our position there
jess