PDA

View Full Version : Jet2 Employment

BANGHER
21st Mar 2005, 20:19
I am thinking of leaving a cushy number and going over to Jet2 at Man, had the interview, sim etc, just wondering what sort of a company they are like to work with. I hear on the grapevine that the conditions are not the same as Channex, niether are the overall packages. Also, the contract seems a bit heavy on the get out clauses.. Any comments on crew contentment, management back-up etc, from thosewith real knowledge not just speculation?
Only got 10 years LHS left, so don't want to be making any rash moves.

BIGGLES02
24th Mar 2005, 12:35
BANGHER.

I have been with Jet2 / Channel Express for about a year now and so far have no complaints. Unless already type rated the deal for the first three years is pretty poor financially ( Basically equivalent to salaries similar to the likes of Flybe ) and after that still a bit limp but fortunately I am on the 3yr salary and I am happy with my lot. On the up side are stable rosters well in advance, cheap staff travel, MED and Life Ins ( Capts only ) company contrib. pension and a management team who are refreshingly interested in your opinion. Jet2 and Channel Express are separate but the same. One pax the other freight but the crews fly both and that is an added bonus in my opinion. I work hard but I am nowhere near as tired as I was with my last company and I contribute this to the roster stability. The aircraft are also well maintained and all crew are friendly and well trained by a very professional training dept. Think you could do a lot worse than say yes to joining.