PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Pay Info

Trader
21st Mar 2005, 15:15
Anyone have the website that list pilot pay/conditions at most of the worlds airlines???

lead zeppelin
21st Mar 2005, 15:19
Try this for starters

http://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/content/view/44/36/

CosmosSchwartz
21st Mar 2005, 15:24
America isn't most of the world!;)

Try ppjn (http://www.ppjn.com/front.php)

[Edited to make the damn link work!]

Trader
21st Mar 2005, 15:28
That is the one I was looking for. THANKS.

Anti-ice
21st Mar 2005, 15:45
BRITISH AIRWAYS

Capt top LH: £127 677, MH: £110 646, SH: £108 213

Capt base £57 121 but that's year 1 and SH commands are currently year 12 which is £81 557

FO top £95 757

FO base £42 841

Leave 6 blocks of ten days 18/Sep/ 04

Astounding - how on earth can BA pilots come on here then and berate their own cabin crew (70% of which earn an average of £11,000+allowances) ,and say they should earn even less and do more than 60 hours a week ?

Is it purely to better their lot even more or are they strangely gratfied by seeing people financially suffer?
When you're on £9000pa , a paydrop is the difference between exisiting and not.
At the above salary levels ,its the difference between wifey having the latest Mercedes this year or not / which school the kids go to ...

Perhaps these people will be only be happy when they have sufficient evidence that all BA cabin crew are officially homeless and destitute...it makes you wonder what makes these people tick ...

Record levels of crew are leaving BA because of the salaries and working conditions - i haven't heard of the pilots being affected in the same way and leaving too .....

We're all paid out of the same purse ,and we all have signed various contracts - i know what i'll have to say if this dares to be bought up in conversation...

CosmosSchwartz
21st Mar 2005, 15:58
Why not update it then? That's how ppjn works!:ok:

3Greens
21st Mar 2005, 16:21
ANTI-ICE

As part of the recent pay restructuring for pilots BALPA undertook extensive research amongst the worlds airlines to compare like with like. This benchmarking showed BA pilots to be amongst the most productive pilot workforce in Europe. The pay is only market rate. I.e. the same you could expect at ANY of europes flag carriers. You cannot compare pilot pay v cabn crew pay in the same way apples cannot be compared to oranges.
You have to ask yourself why BASSA is so adverse to benchmarking for cabin crew...could it be that it would show BA cabin crew are paid above market rate!!!

ratarsedagain
21st Mar 2005, 17:46
3greens,

Spot On :ok:

Anti-ice
21st Mar 2005, 18:07
Fair enough 3 greens, i think you'll find that many of BA's cabin crew have been around a hell of alot longer than the crew at easyjet,virgin,ryanair etc...............
Thats why some of them get paid more, its called loyalty and annual increments.

We just can't understand why (some of) you wnat to deny us the opportunity of earning a half decent salary.

Jeez, even if you have been here 15 years, its damn hard to get anything near a £100k mortgage - and you don't get much/anything for that - maybe a damp studio flat in a dodgy street - is this all they're worthy of ?

ifleeplanes
21st Mar 2005, 18:19
Somehow I doubt your doing the hours that Ryanair/Easy cabin crew are doing!

And we have cabin crew just working for sector pay and bar, yes no salary....so dont think that your hard done by on 11K plus allowances we have FOs on less than that!

3Greens
21st Mar 2005, 18:39
Anti-ice

the benchmarking that BALPA did compared BA with other major carriers right accross the board.
thus by comparing starting salaries and salaries after circa 15years they got a good idea of the market rate. You say that some BA creware paid more 'cos they've been there 15 years or so...this is irrelevant.
Whilst i don't want to start down the route of CC vs FC which has been done to death on here, remember that staying ain't compulsary. If you want a better paid job then have a look elsewhere. I think you might be suprised that to earn an salary like BA pay to OLD contract cabin crew you would need some serious qualifications or work 24/7.