PDA

View Full Version : Licence Application

willby
21st Mar 2005, 13:04
Hi,
Is it possible to apply in person at Aviation House, Gatwick for licence issue to include CPL,ME and IR. If yes any idea how long this would take? Finally, the scheme of charges indicates the basic CPL fee of £194 applies if CPL, IR and initial type rating are applied for at the same time..... my query is will the ME class rating be treated as an initial type rating or is an additional fee required ( if yes how much please?).
Regards
Willby

Dole-Queue
21st Mar 2005, 16:05
You can,

It takes about ten working days on average to send you a fancy blue book. They'll also try and get you for £100 for the SEP rating unless you already held one eg PPL.

By posting it all into them it'll add a couple of days to the whole process. Worth it if you live near Gatwick, makes very little point to go out of your way to get there though, IMHO.

Regards

DQ

ABO944
21st Mar 2005, 18:30
I believe it will cost £294 to get all that lot issued!

I thought about going there personally, but its a long way from Uranus!

:p

I will be sending my forms / logbook in the post (registered post).

Does anyone know if its ok to send photocopies of the logbook or must the actual one go in the post?

Dont want the good old post office to lose my stuff!

Thanks

antipodean
21st Mar 2005, 18:50
I fronted up at the CAA at Gatwick, wasn't able to get it processed any quicker than 10 working days, 194 for the whole lot including MEIFR

silverknapper
21st Mar 2005, 18:59
Must be the real log book - put your faith in the postie!!
I reckon £194 - I got mine pretty recently and it was def under £200 for the lot. Interesting to note that the CAA didn't send my log book back registered.
When it comes to adding types to the licence they can do it on the day.

willby
21st Mar 2005, 20:10
Hi Dole Queqe Et AL,
Thanks for all the replies gentlemen. I guess it's via the post office then.
Regards
Willby