PDA

View Full Version : Is Travel City Going Back To Eaac

Alex.c
20th Mar 2005, 15:35
i have heard recently that aae is to lose the travel city as a letter of intent has been signed back to eaac. does anybody know about this. if so could you let me know. plx.

UFGBOY
20th Mar 2005, 17:41
Alex

Be careful not to get those phots out again!

Alex.c
20th Mar 2005, 17:45
who r u then. i hear aae have the mod contract. hope all is going well.

jj69
20th Mar 2005, 17:48
AAE has just had the full TCD livery applied to their new 747-300 TF-AME, so looks like they got the contract for a bit longer.

jur99llk
21st Mar 2005, 19:51
Travel City Direct was FED UP of European and thatīs why AEE have the contract now and iīm sure for a long time. No way European will have chances to get back that contract.
I just hope that European survive enough time to pay me (and other 500 ex workers) what they still owe me (us).

jmc757
21st Mar 2005, 20:34
Travel City Direct was FED UP of European and thatīs why AEE have the contract now and iīm sure for a long time

While I do not doubt that Travel City may have been fed up with European, I highly doubt they're throwing a ball over Air Atlanta's service either. Punctuality on the AAE flights has been pretty abysmal. Of 702 flights surveyed by the AUC over Summer 04, over 41% were more than an hour late. Their average delay was 97.2 minutes.

Hardly earth shattering.

jur99llk
22nd Mar 2005, 07:58
Punctuallity has never been one of AAEīs strong points. To be honest, as you said, itīs more or less horrendous if we compare it with other charter airlines.
But we shouldnīt forget that last summer there were about 5 huracanes hitting the costs of Florida which completely destroyed AAEīs "timetables".

And now be serious, if you were the owner of Travel City Direct, which company would you shoose to operate your flights? Air Atlanta Europe or European? (if i could, iīd choose Virgin!! hahah but this is not included). You can say AAE are normally late, and itīs true. But at least AAE have a/c which are able to fly, enough spare engines, also have newer 747-300setc... and are allowed to takeoff/land in all airports īCAUSE AAE DONT OWE MILLIONS $$$ to hundred of companies, airports, exworkers, ground agent companies, etc, etc.... AND THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH EUROPEAN.