PDA

View Full Version : Ariana getting A310?

newscaster
20th Mar 2005, 10:58
Some of their flights at the website show A310's flying on certain routes, are they getting any?

www.flyariana.com

Left Wing
24th Mar 2005, 09:29
They could always go back to AI for some more free A310s like the current 300s donated by AI.

rsoman
24th Mar 2005, 10:21
UncleSam "rehabilitates" Afghanistan but cannot spare anything rest(rust)ing in the desert. So why blame poor Air India??

Left Wing
24th Mar 2005, 14:36
No blame... AI is doing a great thing and not with the whole aircraft painted donated by AI, very low profile : just how real charity should be.

cheers to AI:ok:

rsoman
25th Mar 2005, 03:46
Yeah I agree. As it is AI was planning to dispose off the three aircraft because it was always an odditty in their AI fleet. Unlike government sibling Indian Airlines who at point had more than a dozen(including one which performed a gimli glide safely- but in a field next to some village road - not a joke!), Air India never expanded the fleet. In fact AFAIK the maintenace was done mostly by Indian Airlines including the line maintenance at out stations.

AI was about to dispose off these aircraft when the Ariana rehabiliation came up. And , there are older examples than these aircraft still flying in airline service.

newscaster
8th Apr 2005, 16:19
The A310 is coming from Air India on a dry lease for three years.

oneeyed
13th Apr 2005, 00:21
Well, so far no Air India A 310 in sight for Ariana. The one presently operated is on wet lease from Jordan Aviation (Aqaba Airlines).

newscaster
14th Apr 2005, 14:55
Is the aircraft in Ariana colours? how many more do they plan to get?

oneeyed
14th Apr 2005, 17:07
Well, so far no Ariana colours but I'm told by the guys that should know a bit more about it that there is lots of Decals in the making and to be applied as soon as possible.
There is also a total of 3 a/c to be delivered to replace the wet-leased one in a few months to come.
It also appears that Uncle Sam - should he really be the one sponsoring the show - prefers to rely on German precission than on the performance of any of his own airlines. The shadow management of Ariana is in the hands of LH Consulting.:ok:

newscaster
4th May 2005, 14:19
First photo of A310 looks like a modified image http://www.justplanes.net/images/9073.jpg

mutt
4th May 2005, 16:02
Took a really bad picture of an Ariana A300 in Riyadh, the scheme is white body with grey bottom, there is a blue stripe starting at the nose increasing in width that continues up the tail. Ariana Afghan written in both English and Arabic.

Mutt.

oneeyed
9th May 2005, 20:41
I have seen the picture coming up on the link but that looks to me only as the beginning - has anyone the updated version of it available yet ???