PDA

View Full Version : What mobile feature would you like?

BEagle
20th Mar 2005, 09:32
I am getting fed up with all the efforts of mobile phone manufacturers being directed towards kids. Silly ringtones, gaudy displays, poor quality cameras, FM radio, MP3 (whatever that is...)

So what features do people actually want? I'll start the ball rolling with:

A software update which will only allow text messages to be received from no.s stored in the phone and SIM card. This would be user selectable - with 'ALL', 'KNOWN' and 'NO RX' functions.

The objective of this would be to prevent junk text advertising and spamming, so that you could ensure that only messages from people you know would be allowed through, all others would be blocked.

timbo04
20th Mar 2005, 14:37
A sensible ringtone.

I bought a Siemens phone which was aimed at the business market yet was filled with stupid ringtones, none of which sounded like a "normal" phone so I returned it.

Have an Orange SPV 500 now which is pretty good.

ZH875
20th Mar 2005, 16:38
A self destruct facility for when the user shouts into the phone when there is low ambient background noise.

Compass Call
20th Mar 2005, 16:43
All that I require of my mobile is to make a phone call and receive a phone call. Also a sensible ringtone.
Although I must admit that the phonebook facility is useful, especially when the 'Boss' has misplaced my pocketbook.

CC

Evo
21st Mar 2005, 07:39
A sensible ringtone.

Amen.

Binoculars
22nd Mar 2005, 11:54
I looked in vain for a "ring ring" tone. I'm sick of feeling embarrassed every time my phone goes off.

I like the address book, but a phone should ring and I say hello, or ring and somebody at the other end says hello. And no, I don't want to leave a witty recorded message either. If my phone is switched off it means I don't want to hear from you. Simple.

And finally, under NO circumstances do I want to receive a "funny" text message, OK?