PDA

View Full Version : Wannabe Advice Needed

dtmpower
19th Mar 2005, 10:44
OK - Looking for some solid advice here. I am at a turning point in my life so deciding what to do. . .

I am 24, been to a good school and achieved good A levels and followed on by working for a time then completed a Degree in Physics.

Followed this up by applying to NATS and Eurocontrol. Started ATC training but this came to an end (personal reasons) will discuss on pm.

That was last October - have found an IT job based on some experience I had, but really want to find something I want to do as well as earn enough to enjoy life.

Basically I am a flying novice, my wife and I are thinking of moving to Loncon to find better paid jobs in the short term but in the long term I want to fly, where can I go from where I am now to say a commercial pilot when I am 30ish ? Any advice and 1st hand experiences welcome in this.

SkyCamMK
19th Mar 2005, 17:59
Flying is great, being paid for it is brilliant when it happens on a regular basis fantastic... Please research carefully before committing yourself. It is a lifestyle choice. If you are not wealthy, obsessive, gifted or supported by partner 100%+ then fly for fun at PPL and earn money elsewhere. Unless of course you have contacts that we all dream of having but secretly know don't exist! Good Luck