PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen to East Midlands

Blind
19th Mar 2005, 07:51
Help!!!!!!!!

I have got loads of weddings to go to this summer and can't afford to drive to Nottingham ( 9 points on my licence, need to be a saint for a while). I was relying on a flight down to East Mids. I am sure I have done this before fairly cheaply but can't find anyone who flies this route.

First of all am I have delusions or did this route exist previously? Secondly and most importanly does anyone fly it now?

Thanks!!

Blind.

Richard Taylor
19th Mar 2005, 08:29
Yup,4xdaily M-F & a Sun flight.

Just ensure you don't stand your hand,otherwise you'll not have enough money for the flight back!

(Spoken like a true Aberdonian!! :rolleyes: )

Don't know why BMI R didn't persevere with their EMA flight-should have retimed it,instead of providing an off-peak timing,no chance of filling the ERJ145 they used.Perhaps a morning & evening flight would have been better.

Lite
19th Mar 2005, 09:37
bmi regional's flights on the EMAABZ route, was a once daily flight that filled up time when the aircraft otherwise would have been sitting around on the ground, between flying its usual EMABRU route. The flight was a early afternoon departure (I think) from EMA and so did not generate the type of loads that bmi wanted, because business pax had greater flexibility through Eastern.

Eastern's fares on the route are usually fairly high, so do check in advance, or perhaps driving as far as GLA or EDI and flying into EMA from there with baby (I think easy still fly GLA/EDI) might be an option?

At present, there are no plans to bring back ABZ from EMA in the immediate future, although if whispers are true of bmi regional taking over certain baby flights from EMA, it could come back ...

Blind
19th Mar 2005, 13:04
Thanks guys.

However it would be hen do's, despite being a commercial pilot and having 9 points all for speeding I am very much a lady!:O

Blind.

spacemaid
21st Mar 2005, 15:45
Hi,

When I need to get from Aberdeen to Leicester, I find it best either to do:

ABZ - BHX on BA (3 times a day I think) and then train it to Leicester but means changing once or twice.

or

ABZ - LTN on EZY and then train it from the parkway Midland Mainline go direct to Leicester, Nottingham, long Eatn and Derby I think, and you can get to Sheffield or Birminghman if needs be - this is often cheaper f you book in advance

Sam

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
21st Mar 2005, 16:15
bmi baby 3daily GLA-EMA

Evil J
22nd Mar 2005, 06:19
And at the risk of hijacking this thread somewhat, I wish someone would give EMA - INV a try, from a purely selfish point of view!!!(C'mon EZY you know you want to!!)

Blind
25th Mar 2005, 08:08
Thanks everybody.

Doing ABZ LTN and then getting a lift with a Southerner.

Good to know the train can go to Lond Eaton as that is where the mates live.

Thanks.