PDA

View Full Version : Ch 4 now...........

SyllogismCheck
18th Mar 2005, 19:49
Anyone in the UK who isn't watching Ch 4 now and could be probably should be......... the first part of what looks like a well produced and interesting series. :ok:

Onan the Clumsy
18th Mar 2005, 20:07
...about..... ?

Bigwings
18th Mar 2005, 20:14
It's Spitfire Ace Onan. It has been on before SyllogismCheck and also repeated on I believe on Discovery Channel. Still well worth a watch though.

Bigwings :ok:

Onan the Clumsy
18th Mar 2005, 20:17
I thought it was like that one I saw on the BBC at Nine PM. It seemed to be on every night too. Wonderful drama with some very funny comic writing. :ok:

High Wing Drifter
18th Mar 2005, 21:18
That reality TV Spitfire show is a repeat from Jan last year. It is indeed an entertaining and informative series.

Grainger
18th Mar 2005, 22:30
If you didn't see it first time round, make sure you don't miss it this time.

Wonderful stuff and, without giving anything away, make sure you have a hanky or two handy for the last episode.

Unmissable.

SyllogismCheck
19th Mar 2005, 01:24
I didn't see it the first time around and the sky info didn't indicate it was a repeat, if it ever does that is.

Good though, I rarely bother to turn the telly on but glad I did and caught that.
I even allowed it to make me late to the pub, high praise indeed!

Just got to remember to watch the next three parts, especially as Grainger has me intrigued now.
I'll probably manage to forget. :=

Whirlygig
19th Mar 2005, 02:14
Thanks Grainger - glad you warned about the hankies 'cos I missed the last episode previously.

Do I also need to equip myself with box of chocolates and a bottle of Rioja?

Cheers

Whirls

Lon More
19th Mar 2005, 02:19
make sure you have a hanky or two handy for the last episode.

Umm, for the nose, or the erotic effects of a Merlin??:rolleyes:
Stirring stuff though, lucky b.....s

(puts tin hat on and ducks under desk)

Erwin Schroedinger
19th Mar 2005, 06:57
The pictures and sound of the Spit were absolute bliss, the comments from the real WW2 aces was fascinating and I especially enjoyed the comments from the chap who knew all about the Spit/WW2/Churchill/Keith Park/Dowding etc (an author, I think). Very dour looking chap. Can't remember his name.....he was Superb (capital S, note).

<deleted bit with "Surprise, surprise" in it.>

SyllogismCheck
19th Mar 2005, 09:54
Surprise, surprise Not any more.... :rolleyes:

Erwin Schroedinger
19th Mar 2005, 10:47
Not any more....
:O

I do apologise.

I'll delete that bit from my previous post to save spoiling it for anyone who's yet to read the thread or see the series for the first time.