PDA

View Full Version : new 737 delivery routes

afterdark
18th Mar 2005, 15:57
what routing does uk airlines usually use for delivery of new 737's from Seattle over the Atlantic
is it a 1 stop on route in Bangor or Halifax or a 2 stopper incl Reykjavic

thanks for any info

Mr @ Spotty M
18th Mar 2005, 16:40
Ryanair went via KEF (KEFLAVIK).
Futura went via YYT (ST. JOHN'S).
Royal Air Maroc went via YQX (GANDER).

Fried_Chicken
18th Mar 2005, 16:56
I believe when Easyjet were taking delivery of their B737-700s, these flew KBFI-EGGW direct

Fried Chicken

PAXboy
18th Mar 2005, 17:01
I understand that they now have a standard facility for collapsible tanks in the cabin. These connect to standard points in the hold, via an access point in tht efloor. This allows faster delivery, unless the a/c are going to be fully kitted out before shipping. I sit to be corrected.

DDF
18th Mar 2005, 18:50
easyJet flew direct from Seattle to Luton over Northern Canada, Iceland. No need to teck stop for fuel and they went into revenue service within 2 hours of delivery just like the new A319`s do.

crisidebrian
18th Mar 2005, 19:11
Futura went once from Seattle direct to Dublin (-800), and though they sometimes stop at St. John's, they usually prefer to fly via Gander.

Cheers

jumpseater
18th Mar 2005, 20:28
easy flew -700's direct with no extra tanks, and they also don't bother with Canada and Iceland on the 319 deliveries! :ok:

I'll get me coat.....

jabird
19th Mar 2005, 01:37
Afterdark,

Interesting question!

So how about the Q400s from Bombardier, or Embraer's RJs?

How do they get from Brazil to Europe?

How do all those island hoppers which flit around the Caribbean, the Pacific, northern Scotland etc get there?

Big tanks or small ships?

Selcalweb.co.uk
20th Mar 2005, 06:11
DHC8's on delivery usually go from the factory to Goose Bay or Iqaluit then Keflavik and onto their destination.

Small Boeing's going the other way will route Boeing Field - Honolulu - Majuro - Saipan - destination. That's usually for 73NG's and 757's. Big Boeing's usually fly direct across the Pacific although the SIA B773 (non-ER's) have been going Everett - Incheon - Singapore.

Smaller deliveries like MD80's and 737 Classics coming out of the desert for Europe will often route Bangor - Goose Bay - Keflavik. If they're going to African regions then usually St.John's then Santa Maria and onwards.

Findo
21st Mar 2005, 20:52
The last couple of RYR 737-800s went direct from Boeing Field to Dublin. They are getting winglets for the 800s but I don't know if this new routeing was as a result. Also a Futura ( I think ) on the same route. Not and -800