PDA

View Full Version : Man's best friend or Dog's greatest enemy?

Hover Auto
18th Mar 2005, 13:08
Hello everybody, here's whats up......my better half just got a new belgium sheppard puppy, cute little thing, when its not crying or sh1ting ALL over the place:yuk:. She has been completely caught up with this dog, and loves it greatly. While im full of joy to see her so happy, im not a big lover of dogs.Dont get me wrong I like them for the fact that they are good protectors of property,but im a cat person. I know some of you might fine this strange seeing that im a guy, but cats just have a certain quality that i like. And you dont have to spend great amounts of time training them. My new kitten, GRR (pronounced like the sound you make when you growl) new where to go potty as i got her. :ok:So my friends let me know what type of person you are, cat or dog.
My appologies is this topic has been done before.

tart1
18th Mar 2005, 13:13
You have my sympathy. I love cats but hate dogs and I would find it very difficult to put up with one!! :p

Wait though for all the replies from dog-lovers ;)

tony draper
18th Mar 2005, 13:20
Dog person + dog person = OK

Cat person + cat person = OK

Cat and dog person + cat person = OK

Cat and Dog person + dog person = OK

Cat person + dog person = Oh dear :{

The above formulae does not cover same sex couples.
:rolleyes:

tart1
18th Mar 2005, 13:28
What if you're not a cat or a dog person??

What if you're not a cat or a dog person and you're both the same sex - what then??

Drapes?? :confused:

Onan the Clumsy
18th Mar 2005, 13:30
What about small dog person + small dog person?

Oh wait a minute you said you weren't including same sex couples :}

tony draper
18th Mar 2005, 13:33
Prolly means yer spending the ten years in a cell with a chap called bubba.
:rolleyes:

BlueDiamond
18th Mar 2005, 13:40
I like both but do not have any of my own at the moment. It would be nice to have a dog but it's probably not fair as I'm not really home enough. Love cats to bits and lost my last one a few years ago.

Capn Notarious
18th Mar 2005, 14:14
Definately a cat person.
Well actually I'm one of his staff, and the only reason I can type that, is because moggie don't use me pooter.

Hover Auto
18th Mar 2005, 15:04
Sorry to hear that about your last cat Blue Diamond. My first cat was run over by a car, in front of my house, 8 months after i got him.:{ Im not ashamed to say that I have never cried like that for an animal before.

Well actually I'm one of his staff, and the only reason I can type that, is because moggie don't use me pooter

Capt. I know what you mean. The little puppy is begining to find out that the cats rule this house. :E

Mrs Hoverauto complains when the cats torment him. I just turn my head and smirk to myself:E :ok:

airship
18th Mar 2005, 15:48
Dogs and cats not problem...

http://verukah.smugmug.com/photos/10116549-S.jpg

People and people problem more so...

http://stupidkrazykarl.smugmug.com/photos/14943650-S.jpg

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 16:03
She looks like she's puking.

At least he could hold her hair back.

Standard Noise
18th Mar 2005, 16:39
No, he's too busy wafting the pukey smell away!

Nani
18th Mar 2005, 17:11
How could anyone hate dogs or cats is beyond me.

Here's my new Sivas Kangal pup with her orphan lamb. She's now 3 times the size at 4 months of age and taking her "guarding her sheep" job very seriously.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/iwillard/Nursinglamb004.jpg

redsnail
18th Mar 2005, 18:23
A cat person. Fortunately, Checkers is also a cat person.
As soon as we get a house of our own, it's off to the Pound to rescue 2 moggies.
I don't mind dogs, they are great animals, I love Basset Hounds.

Krystal n chips
18th Mar 2005, 19:07
I think we know where my sentiments lie here ----sharks permitting of course :rolleyes: ---however, both are better than a pet goat. Seriously. Went with some friends to visit a friend of theirs once and was met by the lady of the house--and said goat. Goat eyed me up and down a couple of times--and proceeded to walk calmly and deliberately over my feet en route to the kitchen. Those little feet f££kin hurt !:eek: It will come as no surprise that said lady lived in rural Lincs of course. :D

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 19:09
sharks permitting of course

Directed at me perhaps ;)

Krystal n chips
18th Mar 2005, 19:15
A rare flash of guilt here perhaps Jerricho--or a twinge more likely ??--makes no odds--your name is forever inscribed in the puddy memory bank for even suggesting as much. :D Too late to repent now ! :uhoh:

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 19:21
Guilt? Whassat?

(And I believe the references were both to shark bait AND crab pots :E )

Krystal n chips
18th Mar 2005, 19:24
Well OK then------lets go for a compromise here-----the aforementioned goat on the other hand and we could be in agreement ! :ok:

Shaggy Sheep Driver
18th Mar 2005, 20:32
I think dogs are OK if the owner has the sense to treat them as dogs. The problems arise when the owner treats the dog as a little person in a furry coat. This seems all to common among some urban dog owners, and there are a lot of mixed-up anti-social pooches out there as a result.

Dogs are pack animals and need leadership. If they get that, all is well. Otherwise, they try to take on the 'top dog' role. Not nice.

With cats it's simpler. They are creatures of independance and they may or may not grant you their affection. But when they do, it's wonderful. :ok:

SSD

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 20:58
Dogs are pack animals and need leadership. If they get that, all is well. Otherwise, they try to take on the 'top dog' role. Not nice.

Kinda like BMW drivers then

:E

WindSpirit
18th Mar 2005, 21:04
Definitely a cat person. Prrrrrrrrr. :ok:

pigboat
18th Mar 2005, 21:37
The guy that owned Air New England used to have an attack goat. Joe used to keep him tethered in the front yard at his farm but let him loose whenever he left the house. Never had his place broken into either. :)

Nani, how about a new pic of the hound?

lexxity
18th Mar 2005, 23:12
I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, so I don't know:bored:

gatfield
19th Mar 2005, 06:48
I have 3 dogs,

but I love cats.

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Mar 2005, 06:57
Six dogs. Would like a couple of mogs around as well, as they give the old homestead a good feel. Hounds not used to them so the result would be total war.:(

A colleague had an attack cat that took out a burglar one afternoon. Cops picked up said lowlife on the description of a badly scratched individual, judging by the amount of blood around the place.:E :ok:

One looks forward to the day one finds a wristwatch in a dog turd after discovering a broken window on the premises and treating a bout of constipation among ones security staff.:E

Whirlygig
19th Mar 2005, 08:42
I don't quite understand this "cat person - dog person" dichotomy! Surely, if you're an animal lover (oo-er, phner, phner), you're an animal lover.

I've been brought up with animals all my life and never been without a pet. I've had dogs and currently have cats because they suit my lifestyle. I have 5 cats at the moment; I did have 6 but Lusty Lister Sex Kitten (yes, that was his full name) died a couple of months ago.

Even when I couldn't have either a cat or a dog, I had a hamster.

Cheers

Whirlygig

Omark44
19th Mar 2005, 11:24
Who wouldn't love a Basset Hound Reds? (except tart1 of course!;)).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/Omark44/20839ebf.jpg.

ShyTorque
19th Mar 2005, 12:47
tart1

posted 18th March 2005 13:28
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What if you're not a cat or a dog person??

What if you're not a cat or a dog person and you're both the same sex - what then??
----------------------------------

Tropical fish is possibly the only answer!!
:ok:

Hover Auto
19th Mar 2005, 12:56
Lusty Lister Sex Kitten (yes, that was his full name)

Whirlygig that is such a cool name:ok: As you probably would have read, I have one that is named GRR, and the other is called ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ ......wait for it ............................................................ ..................................................Ouzle. :}

Oh and Mrs Hoverauto named the mut Harry,:yuk: how lame is that!

Helli-Gurl
19th Mar 2005, 18:23
I have 2 attack goldfish named after my BF and his best friend who have this thing about going up into the mountains and dancing round piles of rocks...naked I expect ;)

The guys not the Fish!

xx

(Sorry hunni!)

tart1
19th Mar 2005, 18:30
Yes thanx for that ShyTorque - I've tried them as well!! :D

Omark 44 - they look nice in the picture but I still wouldn't like them in the flesh. Or as (I think) Roald Dahl once memorably said (about children):

I like dogs but I couldn't eat a whole one!!

Boom, Boom :E

ShyTorque
19th Mar 2005, 19:51
"Yes thanx for that ShyTorque - I've tried them as well!!"

And how did they taste? :}

tart1
19th Mar 2005, 19:58
(Tropical) Fishy :}

lexxity
19th Mar 2005, 23:49
Best pet name in the world goes to my cousins guinea pig......................................................... ............................................................ DAVE:ok:

redsnail
20th Mar 2005, 14:45
http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=2667&c=3&s=dd&p=46

Things you see out your window ay? :E

Helli-Gurl
20th Mar 2005, 14:46
Your cousin is called Dave? or the Guinea Pig is called Dave?

x

Jerricho
20th Mar 2005, 16:26
His cousin IS a guinea pig named Dave

And his mother was a hamster, and his father smelled of elderberries

Omark44
21st Mar 2005, 02:11
Why Reds, just what kind of a neighbourhood do you live in!?:ooh: Must be really rough!

Out of my window I see green fields, black and white moo cows, (not humping) and rolling hills!

pigboat
21st Mar 2005, 02:26
Reddo, is that you on the red Ducati beatin' the sh!t outta some guy with a baseball bat? :ooh: :D

redsnail
21st Mar 2005, 12:14
:E
Yeah, the neighbourhood is fairly entertaining. Remember this is a new estate but in a old-ish area.
On our street we've had a double rape and murder about 18 months ago plus a car fire bombing a couple of months ago. Not much has happened since the Nigerians moved out next door. The police were around often. A couple of children have been removed for their own safety.

On the main drag, the prostitutes are regularly moved on and there's often a murder or two over a spat about drugs. The Luton Air Show happens often over the school holidays. :D

Yeah, it's a nice place.... No need for pets just yet :D

patdavies
21st Mar 2005, 13:20
Or as (I think) Roald Dahl once memorably said (about children):

WC Fields

Who also said (I think) that a man who hates children and dogs can't be all bad

redsnail
28th Mar 2005, 21:48
Omark 44
Out of my window I see green fields, black and white moo cows, (not humping) and rolling hills!

Just like this then huh? :E
http://www.funpic.hu/en.picview.php?id=22623&c=-1&s=dd&p=3

Omark44
28th Mar 2005, 22:48
Very classy Reds! Is the one that is just watching: Done, Waiting to be Done or judging performance?;)

redsnail
29th Mar 2005, 00:17
Referee I reckon. :D