PDA

View Full Version : Working at Lufthansa

fly_guy100
18th Mar 2005, 00:11
I understand that you don't need a EU passport or citizen to work for Lufthansa as a flight attendant, nor did it say you need the right to live and work in Germany, it just said you need a passport with unrestricted travel. So I was thinking if they just forgot to mention that on their website. If you do need the right to live and work in Germany if your emplyed by LH, how do you get that certain right? So my question is, do you need that right?

Aloyscious
18th Mar 2005, 00:22
Hi there...yeah, but do u speak fluent german? You need to speak fluent german langauge though.....when u apply online, they will reject you straight away if you dont speak German ...:{

fly_guy100
18th Mar 2005, 00:32
I actually am taking German classes so hopefully I will be fluent by the time I can apply, I have great motivation and determination and won't stop till I get there. So do you know the answer to my question?

NigelsFriend
18th Mar 2005, 19:40
Spoken to a LH purser (based in FRA, lives in IAD) a few months back and he told me LH is employing ICC with NONE or hardly any german language knowledge! Be aware that Germany have you pay income tax where ever you live if your employed by a german company based in germany!!!

DocJacko
18th Mar 2005, 21:15
The income tax issue is not true.
The rule is simple: You are required to pay income taxes in Germany if you are physically present in Germany for 183 days or more per calender year.
Germany has tax treaties with a number of countries including the USA, which allow certain exceptions or even free choice of where to pay your taxes (e.g. in Germany or in your home country).

fly_guy100
20th Mar 2005, 02:48
Wow! Do you know if it was for FRA base? As far as I know, they don't have any U.S. bases for flight attendants. That seems odd because on their website it says you have to be fluent in German and English......:confused: