PDA

View Full Version : EZY expands at GLA ?

Nil further
17th Mar 2005, 18:36
Strong rumour today at GLA that EZY will announce 3 x european roues for this summer ex GLA . All operated by new Airbus fleet.

NF

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
17th Mar 2005, 21:37
again i will believe it when i see it, this rumour has been around sooooOOOOOOO many times but maybe this time they have seen the huge success of FlyGlobespan with an overall 96% load factor from their main base at GLA to Europe and seen a huge gap in the GLA to Germany and places such as Paris and Madrid.

CHIVILCOY
17th Mar 2005, 22:10
Hey guys give Nil further a chance!! at least his profile suggests he is involved professionally in the business.

Previous rumours always seem to be started by enthusiasts with wishful thoughts rather than by hearing inside whispers.

I must admit I am not the biggest fan of Easyjet at GLA as they seem to have missed the boat by playing safe in the past, sticking to UK routes rather than expanding into Europe unlike Globespan who took the chance and are now doing fantastically well, Easy must be kicking themselves for not seeing that opportunity.

So lets wait and see what materialises before knocking what hopefully turns out to be a true rumour.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
17th Mar 2005, 22:16
I wasnt having ago at or knocking Nil further i was just saying that all rumours in the past have been untrue but this one seems to come from inside EZY so fingerscrosses. Just wondering if EZY will take GSM on at current routs such as AGP, BCN, PRG etc or start new routs to places such CDG, MAD, BUD etc?

GoEDI
17th Mar 2005, 22:39
FlyGlobespan with an overall 96% load factor from their main base at GLA to Europe

That was 96% loads across the board for last summers schedule, not GLA specific. :suspect:

CHIVILCOY
18th Mar 2005, 07:58
GoEDI quote:

" That was 96% loads across the board for last summers schedule, not GLA specific "

Your point being?

GrahamK
18th Mar 2005, 08:02
Dont worry about GoEDI, he doesnt like it when anything is succesful at Glasgow ;)

Scottie
18th Mar 2005, 08:05
Two things have happened to bring about this rumour.

1. Apparantly BAA have devolved the negotiation of landing fees to both EDI & GLA rather than being done through their HQ near GLA. This means that both airports are competing for business rather than acting as one in the past. So landing fees are now negotiable.

2. EZY is getting a lot of aircraft and they need to put them somewhere. Down south is saturated.

Both are putting pressure on EZY to do something. This is the rumour flying around the Scottish bases. Could be bo:mad: ocks though.

If it is true though I suspect they'll do the sunshine routes. It will be tough catching up with Globespan but we should overtake them with our advertising and brand recognition.

Nil further
18th Mar 2005, 08:21
Glad i stirred up some comment ! info comes both from insideeasyjet and BAA . Unlikekly to be sunshine routes more likely mainland europe .

Scottie's comments are broadly my understanding as well . There is very little chance of EZY ezpansion at EDI at the mo' due their charging regime .

Ive heard it all before as well guys just wondered if anyone else had more concrete info'

Regards
NF

CHIVILCOY
18th Mar 2005, 08:35
Scottie quote:

" It will be tough catching up with Globespan but we should overtake them with our advertising and brand recognition. "

Cocky devil!!! I'm not so sure about that.

Scottie
18th Mar 2005, 09:42
Well you have to be ;)

Seriously though, ask 20 people in the central belt if they've heard of Globespan and then ask them if they've heard of easyJet. The results won't be similar.

Then again Globespan is a loco/charter airline so they have that advantage.

Getting into domestics is an interesting move though.

goldeneye
18th Mar 2005, 10:17
I wasnt having ago at or knocking Nil further i was just saying that all rumours in the past have been untrue but this one seems to come from inside EZY so fingerscrosses. Just wondering if EZY will take GSM on at current routs such as AGP, BCN, PRG etc or start new routs to places such CDG, MAD, BUD etc?

When i was at the travel show in glasgow in january, i was speaking to the guy from the Hungarian tourist office, and he said they were expecting direct flights to be launched from Glasgow to Budapest, and he mentioned both Globespan and Easyjet, so there may well be some truth in this story, id like to see more scottish routes from Easyjet, but hopefully not at the expense of Globespan.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
18th Mar 2005, 11:13
Globespan are not a charter airline they are very much a scheduled airline just like EZY, FR, Zoom and other loco scheduled airlines, nothing charter about them.

Scottie
18th Mar 2005, 14:21
They are a charter airline in as much as their shops sells the flights with accomodation as packages.

They don't rely solely on the web for bookings.

Joe Curry
18th Mar 2005, 14:26
That was 96% loads across the board for last summers schedule, not GLA specific.

Indeed, even today Flyglobespan is lauding it's EDI programme in www.edinburghnews.com

On the subject of Easyjet expansion, it is
reckoned the new proposed South East Pier is strongly rumoured to be EasyJet exclusive..

So where will Easyjet's main expansion be.? EDI and no competition from FR
or GLA with competition from both Flyglobespan and the threat of a fare war
with FR at neighborouring PIK.?

Dont worry about GoEDI, he doesnt like it when anything is succesful at Glasgow

I don\'t think anyone worries when folk
submit opposing GLA views? The \'worry\'
seems to be emanating from those who
hate to see posters not agreeing with
them. :rolleyes:

outofsynch
18th Mar 2005, 14:37
I would actually think that if eJ are to expand, they will be out to stop Globespan in their tracks... at least to show them a fare war if they start domestics.

I reckon they will start on GS current moneymaking routes.

Oshkosh George
18th Mar 2005, 14:53
Well,I don't think any loco is interested in a fare war. It does not make any commercial sense,other than putting the competition out of business,and that takes rather a long period of time.

Much more sensible to have route monopoly,where they don't have to undercut a rival,and therefore make more profit.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
18th Mar 2005, 16:32
***with competition from both Flyglobespan and the threat of a fare war
with FR at neighborouring PIK.?***

So EZY dont fly to EDI? Thats news to me!

Nil further
18th Mar 2005, 17:04
Not sure if ezy will expand from GLA , one thing that is a definite is they will not expand from EDI unless something changes in terms of charges .

EZY recently withdrew a nightstop a/c from EDI , partially i understand, to make a point to BAA EDI.

I know for sure that EZY have wanted to expand in Scotland for a long time but the charges did not suit their model. Their has been a change recently in the way BAA scotland/GLA do business and now the problem is that EZY do not have any spare airframes this summer as the scottish crews are only B737 rated and there is no B737 available this summer to expand in Scotland.

As far as EZY/Globespan competition goes . who cares ? its great to have so many flying jobs in scotland and routes available when we want to go somewhere .

NF

GoEDI
18th Mar 2005, 17:07
Your point being?

It was a simple correction. I prefer to read the truth, how about you?:rolleyes:

DDF
18th Mar 2005, 17:17
More likely GLA and EDI will be fed from DTM,SXF,ORY,GVA,BSL and the new tbc Spanish base in the future. With Scottish based crews doing mainly domestics i.e. the big money makers...