PDA

View Full Version : Oxford Books For Extra Study ?

speedbird001
17th Mar 2005, 17:39
Hi All,

I'm currently studying for my ATPL exams with Bristol GS, i was wondering would it be worth getting Oxfords Books as well just as a cross reference ? as it's good sometimes to see something explained in a different way, i know this worked for my I.T Exams, anyone got both ?

Cheers

Speedbird001

Jinkster
17th Mar 2005, 17:44
Oxford books are very good but very expensive. I'd try EBAY first, seen them go on there before!

Jinkster

helicopter-redeye
17th Mar 2005, 19:28
The Ox books are very good. But then again, so are the notes for most of the JAR ground schools (the format varies but when you read, the content is within IR tolerences of each other).

Why not buy the ones for the subjects where you have the gaps from the Bristol course?

This will save you tons and allow you to focus on areas of weakness.

When you pass, you can sell then, or rent them to Ppruners asking the same question next year.

(being a generous soul, I just lend them out, but before you ask, they are out at present...)

h-r

Craggenmore
17th Mar 2005, 23:26
forget the Oxford books.....

Get the Oxford Feedback......75% of ATPL questions covered...

Craggs

Frank Furillo
18th Mar 2005, 04:51
Speedbird, as an EX Bristol student........... Forget anything else, just get yourself on the Bristol Online databank. This is one of if not the best aids I have seen and is a lot less than any books. Remember Bristols feedback is some of the best.
FF

DFTCH
18th Mar 2005, 08:35
If I did things again I wouldn't fork out the money for extra notes.

I bought the Pooleys Key Facts books and soon realised I didn't need them.
Funnily enough, they're just a list of key facts that you could make yourself as you revise your notes.

I went through Bristol for ATPL(H) and found the combination of their notes, the brush up course and the feedback was more than enough to get me a first time pass.

speedbird001
18th Mar 2005, 09:56
Cheers you guys,

The Bristol notes are really good as well, as i've only just started the course anyway, i think i'll just crack on with the Bristol stuff and just keep looking at the feedback before spending more ££££££.

Thanks for the advice guys,

SB001