PDA

View Full Version : BA requirement: Full UK issued JAA/CAA ATPL(F).

wondering
17th Mar 2005, 17:24
......hm, why is that? Are other JAA issued ATPLīs not good enough? I thought JAA was supposed to create a level playing field. :confused:

CosmosSchwartz
17th Mar 2005, 17:35
So their own TRE/TRI's can sign off the licences after check-rides I assume.

Besides, is it too much to ask to get a job? You'll note you do not require an initially UK issued licence to get a job with BA, you just have to change it to the UK issue. Try that with Air France and see how far you get!

3Greens
17th Mar 2005, 18:15
A uk TRI/TRE can sign any JAR state licence, and vice-versa. Don't know why the restriction for BA. Maybe we're just giving the rest of europe a taste of their own medicine.

Human Factor
17th Mar 2005, 18:45
You'll probably find it's JAA or CAA.

CosmosSchwartz
17th Mar 2005, 20:07
HF - The exact wording on the form is

"Do you have a full JAA/CAA ATPL? If you hold a non-UK issued ATPL you will be required to change the State of Licence issue to the UK"

Still none the wiser!:confused:

Wizofoz
17th Mar 2005, 20:18
A uk TRI/TRE can sign any JAR state licence, and vice-versa. Don't know why the restriction for BA. Maybe we're just giving the rest of europe a taste of their own medicine.

Not true!! There is a list of which TREs can sign what for which state. For some they can do the lot. For some they can only sign IR renewals and for some they can't do anything!!

easyJet have also insisted their pilots get a UK JAA ATPL to avoid these problems.

JAR still has a long way to go before it earns the "J" (If you don't believe me, I have a "J"AA ATP that only allows me to fly "G" reg aircraft!!!)

3Greens
22nd Mar 2005, 11:34
Wizofoz

Can't speak for other states but i'm a UK TRI/TRE (757/767) and have been signing licences for third party training for a number of years. You just have to annotate your TRE number and specify you are a UK TRE.