PDA

View Full Version : Latest Gulf Air Recruitment

SkySista
17th Mar 2005, 15:35
Hi all!

I got an email tonight from GF recruitment inviting me to interviews in Sydney on the 23rd (or was it 25th?:P )

Unfortunately due to prior commitments I can't make it. I am wondering if there is anyone I can contact to be put on a list in case they come to Perth or Adelaide next year? Phone number or email would be great, as they didn't include any contacts on the email aside from the main web site.

Has anyone else got this email?

Sky

cannard
19th Mar 2005, 06:20
sky,

you poor thing, you are having the worst luck with this arent you!

are you sure you cant juggle all the things on that day and turn up anyways?

unless your getting married on that day, im sure your capable of nudging your schedule around a little bit.

you could get a job at a bar somewhere, if only for when i get my rejection letter, you can then help me drown my sorrows!

but err, as for any contact information, im not much good to you
sorry!

SkySista
19th Mar 2005, 12:39
lol..... thanks Cannard!

Unfortunately, at this point in time I have a snowball's chance in hell of getting to Sydney in... (checks calendar) ...four days! :D

I would if I could, that's for sure!!!

Anyway I am just going to try phoning the Brissie office, and see if they can help me at all...

wish me luck.... lord knows I actually need it, given my track record with these things! :E

Sky

Flirt Attendant
20th Mar 2005, 05:07
Check your PM's. :)

SkySista
12th May 2005, 10:40
hey all!

For anyone who may be interested... Gulf Air will be back in Oz shortly for interviews etc. so get your applications up to date!

I got an email today inviting me to Sydney for interview, however they also mentioned interviews in other locations:

Kindly note that we are conducting Interviews in August in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane.

At least they are nice enough to give advance notice (unlike some other ME majors.... *cough cough* EK *cough* :E

best of luck, everyone!

Sky

misscroft
15th May 2005, 07:24
Hi

Sky sista, did they give you a date and actual invite or just advising you that you that they are comming? I have applied and not recieved an email :{ I really want a job with them and getting a little anxious :sad:

Love to hear from you, thanks

I Just Want To Fly
15th May 2005, 15:33
Is Gulf still limiting this latest round to Females Only? There website says

"If you are female and interested in joining Gulf Air as a Flight Attendant please apply now:"

I applied anyway...

SkySista
16th May 2005, 00:48
They said they wanted me to go for interview, but I don't have access to my email right now, so not sure of excat wording. The part about Melbourne etc just said "August"

When I get my email I can post more details.

good luck...!

misscroft
16th May 2005, 11:10
That would be great, thanks.
I will try and refrain from pulling my hair out untill then.
Thanks again :ok:

I Just Want to Fly

Yeah i think Gulf only recruite females as CC but you probably already know but they do hire males as inflight chefs

jan brady
16th May 2005, 17:13
Gulf do recruit males but as far as i am aware, only Bahraini nationals. Any guys would be better off trying for Etihad or Emirates;)

SkySista
17th May 2005, 00:54
Hi all, the wording on the email was as follows:

Thank you for applying for our "GULF1186-Flight Attendants (RSA, Australia & NZ residents)" position.

We would be pleased to meet with you and hereby invite you to attend an interview on the 23rd May 2005 ...etc etc

So I guess it's an Invite as opposing to "we are coming, get ready..."

The interview will commence at 9:00 am. Be sure to arrive on time and note that you may be required to attend interview activities for the entire day.

You will need to provide us with the following documentation:
CV/ Resume.
2 X Passport size photographs.
Copy of your valid passport.
Copy of your certificates/ reference letters.

Note:

Kindly note that we are conducting Interviews inĀ August in Perth, Melbourne and Brisbane.

We wish you good luck and look forward to meeting you.

Best Regards,

The Gulf Air Recruitment Team.

DesertCrew
17th May 2005, 18:04
hey everyone,

GF only recruit Bahraini, Omani or Emerati (the 3 owner states) male nationals as cabin crew. To get a flying job with them if you are a male you must be a chef. Then when you come to GF you will always work in First Class.

Good luck to all those people having interviews with GF in Aus. Let me know who interviews you and how you go. Be sure to have a few customer service stories ready. Good ones/bad ones etc. Also have a speel about yourself ready that your confident in presenting to a group of people. Eg name, age, prev work experience, langauges etc. The usual. This was the first thing that I had to do in my interview and half the people were told to go home after that.

By the way where is the interview?????

Good luck,
DesertCrew

misscroft
18th May 2005, 08:13
Sorry to be a pain, but this is for Sydney recruitment?

SkySista
18th May 2005, 08:18
Well the email they sent me invited me to Sydney, mentioning they will be in other ports later in the year.

Obviously the actual positions will be based in Bahrain. :)

misscroft
18th May 2005, 08:28
Yeah, sorry that wasn't worded very well. See what being overly anxious will do to you:\ I did mean interviews in Sydney :O
I know the jobs based in Bahrain, I think that would be awsome

Well however likely or unlikely it is I have my fingers crossed to get an invite to Melbourne or Brisbane. Good luck for Monday, I will have my fingers crossed for you. Even though I\'m little bit jelouse:( I wish you the best. At least then you can come on here and tell us how it went and what to expect. All the best, sure you\'ll do great :ok:

SkySista
18th May 2005, 08:39
Oh, I am not going on Monday, as I am very far away from Syd at the moment!!!

I am taking up their kind offer to attend in one of the other cities in August :)

Should probably have mentioned that!

So no-one here has been to a Gulf interview?? I know a girl who went to interview with them a few years ago, I will see if she has any info on what it is like.... :cool:

aeulad
18th May 2005, 08:40
I am so surprised GF still don't recruit white males. Emirates and Etihad do, so why not Gulf? Bahrain is a great place and is on the up, and not as costly as Dubai. It's a pity.

Regards

Mike

misscroft
18th May 2005, 08:43
That would be great.
Well *Fingers crossed really tightly* I may even see you at one of the other recruitment days, I figure it's always best to be positive, I havent been to any airline interviews yet so I havent become negative about it (lets hope I never do )

SkySista
18th May 2005, 08:51
Mike, perhaps at this stage they don't feel that it is needed. I am not sure what the pax cross-section on GF is like, however with Ek flying to lots of destinations in UK and Oz, it was obvious many pax would feel more comfortable with (some) Western crew members.

Maybe once Gulf expand some more they will hire Western guys.

Or perhaps they never will, maybe they want it to be their 'trademark'???

Miss Croft,

Don't be too apprehensive about interviews, look at it as a way to meet fellow applicants, learn more about the industry, and possibly get a fantastic job!

Just make sure your application is in 101% tip top shape before you send it off (e.g. spelling, grammar - it only takes 2 seconds to spell check, and about 20 for the recruiter to decide if they like your resume or not!) So it pays to be thorough! ;)

Also, try and find out as much as you can about the airline and think about all the different kinds of job/life experience you have (not necessarily paid work, either - lots of people forget about clubs or voluntray activities!)

Stay calm and you'll be :ok:

DesertCrew
18th May 2005, 21:23
Hey,

Someone asked if anyone had been to a GF interview. I had so thought I would give you information about the interview I had and hope its a help to some of you even though I know the interview in Oz before mine was a totally different format to mine.

When we first got there we had to register and answer simple questions like can we swim are we over 21 etc. We then got given a number and we had to go inside and talk to ther applicants. Our task was to talk to and get to know at least 3 other people and then get up in front of the group and talk about yourself and the people you had met. Most people talked for just under 5 mins maybe but there was no time limit, quality was much more important than time. By the way there was 3 interviews on the day.

After this we had abreak then after that half of the people were told to go home. We then had to fill out an application form all about our personal information and details regarding our family, like listing your parents etc. We each then had a one on one "check over" where they looked at our arms and legs for scars, checked height asked weight, teeth, skin etc. General overall appearance. We were all then sent back outside and they got groups of 3 or 4 people to come in at a time and they were given a panel interview. Questions were asked and each applicant had to answer they would pick who went first, very annoying if someone steals what u were going to say! :)

After this we were told they would be in contact and a week and a half later I got an email saying I had got the job. I had to send backa signed confirmation and 2 weeks after that I left Oz! It all happens very quickly so start arranging goodbye parties and packing your suitcase! ha ha.

I was very stressed about the interview the whole day cus I wanted the job so badly but looking back I would have had a lot more fun if I hadve relaxed!

The atmosphere within the group was very friendly and all the girl are really supportive of each other, I now live with some of the girls that I met on that day!

So good luck to all of you going to interviews and if u have anymore questions Im happy to help!

DesertCrew

misscroft
19th May 2005, 02:31
Thanks DesertCrew
That was really helpful. All sounds ok, even kind of fun to me. The only thing I am a bit worried about is the check over of arms and legs, I dont have big scars or anything like that but I do have some freckles (not big obviouse ones, just little ones) and a really faint birth mark kindoff thing, can hardly see it but i know it is there just below my knee. Do they make you take of your stockings for the check over. I've heard their really particular but how particular are they really?
Thanks again

DesertCrew
19th May 2005, 11:25
no they dont make you take off your stockings. they just look over you. Don't stress about having freckles or a faint birth mark. Quite a few of us had birthmarks and it was fine, they are more looking for tatoos and obvious things like that. You will be fine!
Good luck

misscroft
19th May 2005, 12:57
Thanks
It's good having people on here to ask questions (no matter how stupid some of mine might sound) :O
So you work for Gulf? Do you enjoy it? Working conditions, lifestyle etc. How long have you been with them? Do you get to visit home often?
Sorry so many questions
Thanks again

SkySista, thanks for your advise I'm sure once I'm at an interview I will be fine I think its just the nerves leading up to it. I will remember what you said and stay calm, thankyou again. Let us know when you go to the interviews later this year, obviously hope to talk to you before then though ;)

DesertCrew
25th May 2005, 14:03
Ok some recruitment information posted within GF is that they will be recruiting in Sydney on the 8th, Melbourne on the 10th, Brisbane on the 12th and Perth on the 14th, I think in August but Im not sure, Ill double check what month and post it on here. Its by invitation only, no opens days so make sure you apply online.

Im sure once you get to the interview misscroft you will be fine, my interview day was quite relaxed looking back on it now. I do work for them yes. I have been here nearly 12 months. Lifestyle is an easy one but you do work very hard, I did 140 duty hours last month, some airlines only clock up 70 or so in a month. We do work very hard and deal with an enourmous amount of s**t as all F/A's do around the world. It gets extremely hot in summer so be prepared for that. Its not nice boarding a 320 during summer when you not at an airbridge! :hmm:

I only get to go home on leave because Im not from Sydney and thats the only Australian destination we fly to. We only have 24 hrs in Syd so its not long enough to fly home. If you have any other questions Im happy to answer them just ask away.

DesertCrew

ccgirl
22nd Dec 2005, 02:12
Do anyone know when GF in coming to Australia in 2006?

cheers:confused:

foxylady
22nd Dec 2005, 07:08
hey there just apply online (www.gulfaircareers.com). Just make sure that you have no scars whatsoever. I have a faint scar on my knee and was rejected straight away when i handed in my application form. However, i have been asked to go back for an interview but feel that if that is a problem then what next is it going to be.
Good luck anyway!!!!

Liv
11th Jan 2006, 15:45
Hi,
is there anyone going to WAW Poland this Saturday?
I have been invited for an interwiev and couldnt confirm, the mail was sent back several times.
Did you have the same problems?
Liv

jace
13th Jan 2006, 12:33
Personaly i think that only recruiting female crews is a little daft as judging by the massive recruiting they are doing they obviously arent getting the crew they need.

fuzzyhayley
14th Jan 2006, 12:31
hey everyone
i am new to this site, but i have just been offered a job with gulf air :ok:
i have not been giving a starting date yet, as i am waiting for my medical.
I was just hoping someone could give me some advice as to;
how long it takes them after the medical to give you a starting date???
Also what bahrain is like to live in, and what the apartments are like.
Also how tough is the training course.
hope to hear from some of you soon
hayley

OzzieO
14th Jan 2006, 13:33
I justa cannot believe a airline would reject someone for having a scar on their knee!! How stupid is that!

foxylady
16th Jan 2006, 12:13
OH yeah well that happened to me! But anyway - maybe it was for the best and just wasn't meant to be. What upset me the most is that i didn't even get a chance to prove myself - i was just told no from the start because of my scar. I still keep on getting emails from them telling me i have been short listed and to attend the next interview in JHB. They haven't even taken me off their records!

tic
29th Jan 2006, 23:44
Foxylady
It seems unlikely you didn't get in because of a scar on your knee. The female cabin-crew, ALWAYS wear stockings/tights, if wearing a skirt, or you wear slax, if you have the figure for them. Good luck on your next try.
totsiens

foxylady
30th Jan 2006, 04:40
There excuse was that their skirts are rather 'short'. Which i do find quite hard to believe. I do know one of the FO's in GUlf air and he approached the cabin crew management about it - all of a sudden they wanted to interview me especially and told him that they would employ me immediately! But i wasn't interested - what next will it be............................

tic
30th Jan 2006, 04:56
Foxylady
Who's skirts were rather short? Never seen that here. Anyway, all the best. I'm intrigued on the F/O you know here. I'm a pilot by the way.

african queen06
31st Jan 2006, 12:27
Hi
I guess I'm just as nervous as some of you are, I have been invited for an interview this weekend and I must admit reading some of this messages has really helped me. cause i had no idea what to expect for the interview:) .I do have a question though about the pay, i read in an old message that, the pay is $498 for basic salary??? minus the allowances, is this true. and what kind of questions can i expect to be asked...

Pax Agent
31st Jan 2006, 15:08
according to their website they are recruiting male CC as well? is that right? i thought it was only women?

MaraSopa
1st Feb 2006, 04:13
Hi
I guess I'm just as nervous as some of you are, I have been invited for an interview this weekend and I must admit reading some of this messages has really helped me. cause i had no idea what to expect for the interview:) .I do have a question though about the pay, i read in an old message that, the pay is $498 for basic salary??? minus the allowances, is this true. and what kind of questions can i expect to be asked...

Hi African Queen06 - please check your PM
Marasopa

zagloud
7th Feb 2006, 15:02
If you are still interested in flying with Gulf Air, there is a big recruitment campaign taking place in many oz citites in march 2006. go to gulfaircareers.com and register.
Good luck.

:ok:

planeChef
8th Feb 2006, 01:01
Hi All!

Just to let you know I went to the interview yesterday for inflight chef at LHR LSG/skychefs Halal unit.

So let me report what I did for future fellow candidates;

*fill in the forms (personal details etc.)
*the reasoning test, out of the cabin crew manual you need to respond to 20 questions, I guess this test is to see how well you understand english etc. read all questions thoroughly, they are sneaky ones!
*preperation of a main course; there are some prepared ingredients, as a cook you should'nt have a problem, all the "work" is already done.
*roleplay, 2 recruiters go sit in a chair and act like they are F class PAX, you need to interact to there wishes, present the menu, recommend wines, they will do some religion stuff on you like they don't want to sit next to a guy who drinks alcohol etc.
Just be nice and make there wishes come true! Anyway you learned this at the cooking school too!
*after that they said they will be in touch next week...

Basically that was it for me.

Werner Kimmeringer was there and he is a really nice guy!
I' am currently employed as a chef at an airline catering unit so we where quite on the same level!
I still recomend to ask a lot of questions about cooking on board!
I already knew a lot of the limitations, but it still is interesting for the non-aviation cooks!

GorgeousKiwiGal
8th Feb 2006, 12:01
Hi All!

Just to let you know I went to the interview yesterday for inflight chef at LHR LSG/skychefs Halal unit...

Congratulations on the interview! :)

I hope that all goes well and that you will be flying the friendly skies soon.

Let us all know how you get on.

kb84
10th Feb 2006, 23:25
Hi all

I'm fairly new to this site. However, I thought I could give you the lowdown on Gulf Air recruitment in Australia.
Last week I was invited to attend an interview in Sydney, and later on that day found out i got a job as cabin crew :O

The day is as follows:
*You have to get up and talk about someone else in the room (roughly 1 min)
*Eliminations (down to about half the group)
*grooming and english test
*eliminations
*interviews in groups of three
*final results

I believe Gulf Air are looking for bright, attractive young ladies with a bit of spunk and personality. I have read a couple of your messages about how the grooming assesment is full on..it isn't! I'm short, bit curvey and my teeth are a bit crooked. As long as you have a shining personality and are attractive, then your fine!!

I wish you all the best..if you have any questions, :confused: let me know..

planeChef
12th Feb 2006, 21:42
Congratulations on the interview! :)

I hope that all goes well and that you will be flying the friendly skies soon.

Let us all know how you get on.

Hi all!

I recieved my contract today in my inbox!
Let us hope now I will pass the medical exam and join the rest of you in Bahrein!

I' am looking forward to this!
It's really combining my hobby with my job!

star84
16th Feb 2006, 23:36
hi everyone.

Gulf air is coming to my city in March and I am thinking of going along to the recruitment day. I would like to see what they are offering. I am already a flight attendant, so if I dont get in its no problem. I am thinking though, what if I DO get in, am I willing to risk my full time, permenent position here, and go over, and maybe not like it. I might never get back into the company I am with now??

I think I will go anyway. Can anyone offer any advice if it is a good move working for Gulf?