PDA

View Full Version : Air New Zealand interview

22 north
16th Mar 2005, 20:08
Can any one help me?
I have an Air New Zealand interview soon. My 1st airline interview. I have been living in the Nth Hemisphere for 4 years now and feel rather out of touch as to what ANZ asks etc.
Does any one have any cheat sheets, interview questions, or thoughts they would like to share with me please,
Cheers,

22 north

9Ws
17th Mar 2005, 07:38
No that I have any answers for you, but just wanted to know if your interview is in response to a recent application on the application form they mail/post to all those who request them?

I sent them my completed application form in early February 2005 but haven't heard from them since. Did you apply much earlier?

22 north
17th Mar 2005, 12:46
sent initial application in August 04. and updated 3 times since.

22 N

Jet Man
19th Mar 2005, 05:33
Been a while but here's what I can remember.

Four day process:
1st day = sim ride in B747-400 with g/d and flap 10(?). All raw data NDB/VOR entry and hold, turns, intercept ILS and fly down to minimums (you land but you are not marked for this). You are asked questions while flying like how long until you cross over this NDB at current speed etc.

2nd day = panel interview and interview with shrink. Not much study you can do for these apart from normal interview techniques. Just be yourself.

3rd day = two exams (I 'm not sure whether this is always the same). First is a tech quiz - just normal variety of ATPL type questions (some NZ law). Second is a planning exercise - aircraft is on a flight has disruptions and you have to make decisions (and justify them) in order to get the aircraft and crew to wherever it needs to be in the shortest time. Just be methodical for this.

4th day = group exercise. First introduce yourself to group. Then choose a card with a superhero on it and talk about why he/she your favourite. Then get into groups and pretend to be an assessment board for Air NZ. You get a few CVs and choose who will be hired.

Hope this helps

Shagtastic
20th Mar 2005, 15:13
'...now looking at these CV's.. um.. this bloke here showed wonderful leadership qualities in the bar last night having bought the first round straight away, gathered information well with questions like 'who's for a pint anyone?', no objections to deal with he made it look easy... definitely command potential there I'd say..'

Feather Boa
21st Mar 2005, 01:13
Slightly off topic, but is a university degree still a requirement for Air NZ?

Thks
Fx