PDA

View Full Version : Ba Recruitment

sharman_uk
16th Mar 2005, 17:47
over the last two years i have applied for the position of cabin crew within British airways.Unfortunately you have to apply online in a verty structered way.This doesnt enable you to express your desire.My desire has been lifelong and after failing twice with no feedback i dont know where to go from here.Can anyone herlp or give me a few pointers please?

The Greaser
16th Mar 2005, 17:48
Make sure you spell check your document and get someone else to check your grammar.

Good Luck

CabinCadet
16th Mar 2005, 19:46
sharman_uk, I agree with the Greaser accuracy and grammar will make the difference in your application. BA(or any recruiter) will nail you on this. Before you submit the online application you can print it all of, it may be worth getting a friend to look over it.

You should try calling the recruitment centre and asking/pleading for some feedback. Give them a call if you havent already (0870) 6080747 if they cant give you a feedback, they will at least give you suggestions on what to focus on in your next application.

The online application can be used to your advantage as the very first question asks "Why do you want to work for BA?". This is where you need to get your passion to do the job across to the recruiter. In any of your answers focus on your customer service skills and give lots of examples of how you went the extra mile, worked successfully in a team, really emphasise what YOU did and how YOU achieved it.

No doubt a search of Pprune will get a lot more suggestions from people more experienced than myself. Whatever you do don't give up, I know people who have applied to airlines several times before getting their lucky break. All the best:ok:

tofster
18th Mar 2005, 16:47
Hi there,
There are so many BA posts on here I wasn't sure where to post this message!
I have just been offered a job at LGW Eurofleet. I know that the money is less there than LHR but I wanted to know what other differences there were. Do you still get 10 days off a month? Can you request what days? Is the merger of Euro and WW true and when is it due to happen?
Sorry to ask so many questions but I am already flying for a really good airline and some people I work with think I am making a mistake by leaving. Any help/advice would be great!

Cheers!!

NigelsFriend
18th Mar 2005, 17:36
As far as I know the merger will be happening but not under mainline conditions!

Sorry but cant help you rgds days off or conditions! :O

keeperboy
18th Mar 2005, 19:12
Nigelsfriend.

The application is assessed soley on what sort of scenarios you give to answer the structured questions. Make sure you answer all parts of the question . For example, if the question is 'Why do you want to work for BA and what do you feel you can contribute to it's success' don't just concentrate on the first part. Basically each answer you give is 'rated' from 1-4 (1 being best). You get a 1 if you answer all questions fully and provide detailed examples that relate to the question. I think that recruitment will probably be on-going for the forseeable future now so good luck for the next time!

tofster

Eurogatwick is a different contract to mainline, but to be honest as far as short-haul airlines go it isn't too bad. You will still have better conditions than airlines like bmi but not as good as short-haul LHR. My advice is if you can go 'on the list' for a LHR course, do it! If not, never mind, LGW Euro is still ok.

The main difference is:
LGW crew have one or 2 days off a month less than LHR short-haul.
You cannot transfer to LHR WW without going to LHR Eurofleet first and this alone can take years.
Perhaps most importantly the allowence/flight pay system is different and you can make £1,000+ a month more in allowences at LHR short-haul than you can at LGW. This is due to the different payment structure as well as there are few night-stops at LGW and many at LHR.
Apparently Eurogatwick and WW LGW will form a 'single fleet'. It was announced about 6 months ago and said it would likely happen in 18-24 months time. It would be on a non-mainline contract though. Hope that helps!

:D

tofster
19th Mar 2005, 05:36
Thanks for all that info Keeperboy, I asked BA if I could wait for a LHR course but they said that I had applied for LGW so it was not possible. Am still really chuffed just to be in to be honest. Thanks again for the info, it's very much appreciated!

Tofster x