PDA

View Full Version : Southampton Airport

"SHAG 69"
16th Mar 2005, 16:39
I've been offered a share in a PA 28 that I'd like to base at Southampton. I understand that the airport operator (BAA?) has recently given the heave-ho to all based GA aircraft, with the exception of a Grumman Cougar which is often used by someone who goes by the name of "Miss Piggy", anyone know who this applies to and what her/his secret is to continue operating from Southampton?

poor southerner
17th Mar 2005, 07:11
edit to read: chances, not likely. Dont call people names you don't know.

No BE76 at soton since solent droppped G-BXXT.

Although you may find a BE90 by the tower from time to time.

"SHAG 69"
18th Mar 2005, 16:14
:confused: Sorry Poor Southerner, I only speak English, you'll need to re-sumit whatever message you are trying to convey.

PS Last time I flew one, the Baron only had one "r".

Oshkosh George
18th Mar 2005, 16:31
Could the Cougar be a Duchess? Check PS's profile. Maybe PS is your Miss Piggy?

"SHAG 69"
19th Mar 2005, 19:02
I know my Barrons from my Barons, I also know my Duchesses from my Cougars, its a Cougar! From what I understand its taking up space on the flying clubs' ramp.

Anyone help with advice on how I may too may base my PA28 at Southampton? Or is it a case of not what you know or who you know?

From my investigation Southampton has a CAA "Public Use" Aerodrome Licence, Condition 1 of which requires that the airport is made available to "all persons on equal terms and conditions". If someone is cheating, is this a hangable offence down south?