PDA

View Full Version : Connecting at DUB with EI/RE ?

virginblue
16th Mar 2005, 13:45
While I cannot book such a flight either on . various other booking machines offer me connecting flights form the continent to Irish regional airports with an EI/RE v.v. connection. So far I have been unable to get a reliable answer as to whether passengers are checked through to the final destination or whether I have to collect my stuff at DUB and check in again. If so, what time must I allow - I am targeting a flight to KIR with approx 75 minutes connection time each way.

MarkD
16th Mar 2005, 15:56
VB

If you are booking with oneworld, EI should send your bags on - note if you aren't ex oneworld apparently EI are getting less accommodating. However, you are with RE for KIR -

http://www.aerarann.com/care_paxcharter_full.htm#lostbag

Passengers connecting from an international flight to an Aer Arann domestic flight are advised to allow a minimum of 60 minutes connection time at Dublin Airport to allow for baggage transfer.

You may have to go to check-in to get a boarding card. DUB is a long way if you need to get to a different pier so I hope you are fit because if your actual connection time is < 75 mins it could be tight - might consider asking hosties to seat you in business just prior to descent, EI did that on a late flight ex MAD one.

eastjimmy
22nd Mar 2005, 02:07
that time should just about get you by. ut any delays and well you can imagine... if your in a rush while waiting for your bag at luggage collection go to the aer arann desk or aer lingus desk in that area and tell them to call the check in desk up stairs to tell them your on the way.. thats helped me out several times.
good luck
ej

Flame
22nd Mar 2005, 21:34
This type of question re transferring at Dublin has been raised on a lot of threads

The position at DUB is..Pax must exit the baggage hall at DUB and go "landside", the go upstairs to the departure level. Pax must go through Security again, even if he / she already has a boarding pass for their next flight (before arriving at DUB)

If I was connecting at DUB, I would not transit without a minimum of 2 hours. I have always believed its nicer to sit waiting at a gate or in a lounge rather than rushing from a delayed flight and then trying to go through security again, and as murphys law states...if it can go wrong it will, and believe me....with tight connections it will