PDA

View Full Version : Charter 2006

JKP505
16th Mar 2005, 13:15
Kosmar to:
AOK from BHX, BRS, LGW, MAN, NCL (Karpathos)
GPS from BRS, LGW, MAN, NCL (Araxos/ Patras)
JMK from BHX, BRS, GLA, EMA, NCL (Mykonos)
SMI from BHX, BRS, NCL (Samos)

Thomas Cook to:
SUF from BHX, LGW, MAN, NCL (Lamezia Terme)
LIS from BHX, GLA, LGW,MAN, EMA, NCL (Estoril Coast)

TUI
PDL from GLA via BHX, LGW, MAN, NCL via BRS (Azores)
SPC from BHX, BRS, GLA, LGW, LTN, MAN, EMA, NCL (La Palma)
TFN from BHX, BRS, GLA, LGW, LTN, MAn, EMA, NCL, STN (Tenerife North)
XRY from BHX, LGW, MAN, EMA, NCL
CND from LGW and MAN (Romanian Coast)
NCE from BHX, BRS, GLA, MAN, EMA, NCL (Cote d'Azur)

MyTravel
AGA from BHX, EMA, NCL (Morocco)
RMI from BHX, BRS, EMA, NCL, STN (Rimini)

aeulad
16th Mar 2005, 13:37
WOW!!!

I am gobsmacked! So many new markets. Mykonos from regional airports!!!;) WAHEY!

Certainly was'nt expecting Lisbon and Nice!!

When are the 2006 brochures out??

Regards

Mike

HH6702
16th Mar 2005, 13:40
Great news.......

where did you get all this information from?

NEastMidlands
16th Mar 2005, 14:05
Is there any information on First Choice available yet

Joe Curry
16th Mar 2005, 16:16
Is there any information on First Choice available yet

BBC News are reporting a possible closure of a First Choice call centre in Kilmarnock.:*

HH6702
16th Mar 2005, 19:07
Expect to see a based aircraft at newcastle..

RobT100
16th Mar 2005, 20:13
I was rather hoping on FCA to come into LBA. They would be ideally suited and plug a gap in the market where MYT were, also BAL's charter ops not being upto much I am sure there would be much interest at LBA. NCL is getting too much in my opinion.

GrahamK
16th Mar 2005, 20:23
The problem with LBA is that it's too close to MAN, whereas NCL is not anywhere close to another major airport.

Nice to see some new charter flights from NCL, although no ATH back?

RobT100
16th Mar 2005, 20:28
Graham K
LBA is not close to man when you live in harrogate. It takes me just as long to get to NCL as it does MAN.
NCL has glasgow near to it, so you have lost your argument on that basis.:\

GrahamK
16th Mar 2005, 20:47
GLA is about 100-150 miles away though?

RobT100
16th Mar 2005, 20:57
The distance means nothing graham, TIME is the factor. everybody's life is a matter of time nowadays as you probably will agree.
Like you say GLA is 100+ miles away. So can I throw another argument in here:

How far is LHR from LGW from LTN from STN from LCY ???? Im sure the people who fly out of LGW would be pleased to know that because LTN is only 75 miles away that all charter flights will now operate from there !!!!!!

:mad:

GrahamK
16th Mar 2005, 21:00
You make a good point RobT100.
I, myself am from Scotland. Yet am a regular flyer from Manchester. Why? Because it's cheaper than flying from NCL,GLA, EDI or PIK.

Going back to the topic, what airport is XRY?

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
16th Mar 2005, 21:08
I am also from Scotland but have never ha to use a English airport. I always fly from GLA or PIK then change flights if need be. There are plenty of English people who use both these airports for international flights.

starship
16th Mar 2005, 21:13
XRY :

IATA Code: XRY
ICAO Code: LEJR
Location Name: Jerez De La Frontera
Airport Name: La Parra

CentreFix25
16th Mar 2005, 21:50
NCL has glasgow near to it

Bo****ks, driving time from Newcastle to both Manchester and Glasgow is 2.5 hours-ish @ 70mph (I've done them both).

LBA is not close to man when you live in harrogate

Doesn't make any difference where you live, fact of the matter is LBAs proximity to MAN has an effect.

How far is LHR from LGW from LTN from STN from LCY ???? Im sure the people who fly out of LGW would be pleased to know that because LTN is only 75 miles away that all charter flights will now operate from there !!!!!!

I'll resist the temptation to say this is bo****ks, because i havn't got the first clue what your going on about.

10 DME ARC
16th Mar 2005, 22:00
Well said centreFix........
:)

RobT100
17th Mar 2005, 08:07
Centrefix

I will resist the tempatation to get into a slanging match with you as it is obvious by your tone and language that this annoys you.

What "I am going on about" is: All the airports in London seem to offer charter traffic and are all within close proximity of each other. As do EDI and GLA (by the way EDI is nearer for you than GLA so why dont you go there ?, sorry couldnt resist).

The critics to my argument will say but yes theres more of a demand in london. But I think you wil find there is a huge demand from LBA that is untapped (look at how Jet2 has taken off - wake up and smell the roses !).

Its just a comment and I would like to see (as would A LOT of other west yorks people) a much larger charter programme from LBA.

Thank you:=

HH6702
17th Mar 2005, 09:17
Going back to the point NEW routes.

I see that some of these routes are new to all airports as the list includes LGW and MAN.

Summer 2006 is a long way away and if the tour operators cant fill seats out of newcastle then the flight will get pulled. (hopefully not.!)

Anyway im stuck on which airports are AOK and GPS.

Is GPS not meant to be lesvos??

10 DME ARC
17th Mar 2005, 10:45
Had a look at some of the operators web sites and cannot find any of these flights?
Where did you get the info from 505?
:)

GrahamK
17th Mar 2005, 11:00
Think he may be a travel agent? Perhaps this news has been released to them as S06 holidays dont seem to be on sale yet

LGWAlan
17th Mar 2005, 11:36
HH - AOK is Karpathos - big island between southern tip of Rhodes and eastern end of Crete, GPS is Patras/Araxos - north west coast of Pelopponese peninsula east of EFL and ZTH.

HH6702
17th Mar 2005, 13:51
jpk505

do you have the flight times and days?

GrahamK

I think that he may work for brochurenet.com or the printers?

I used to be a sales manager for TUI and they didn't really find out until the brochures came out when sales training was done.
Been speaking to old friends still there and they haven't heard anything yet.

EK-LHR-LGW-GLA-MAN-B
17th Mar 2005, 14:08
GLA offers alot more charter and scheduled destionations than GLA, maybe thats why he used GLA and not EDI?

terrier21
17th Mar 2005, 23:05
No Thomas cook expansion from Brs - dissapointing

Any news on FCA and if these are true or just rumours

AzoresW
18th Mar 2005, 19:58
Are these flights confirmed?????

PDL from GLA via BHX, LGW, MAN, NCL via BRS (Azores)

Direct??? Charter???

More info please.

HH6702
18th Mar 2005, 20:25
Hi

unless jpk505 can supply times and days i would say that this is all rumours............???

Flightrider
18th Mar 2005, 20:46
The whole thread is based on someone's wishful thinking...the routes stated are a "what I'd like to see" list rather than what any tour operator is actually planning. No tour operator has actually released its S06 programme and won't until early May at best.

It is a provable work of fiction anyway. Rimini has long been one of MyTravel's poorly performing routes. There aren't enough hotel beds of acceptable quality in places like Patros, the Azores and Constanta to support the programmes which JKP505 is proposing. And above all, it's no coincidence that JKP505 comes from South Shields and Newcastle is the airport which, in proportional terms, seems to be pencilled in for the greatest growth.

Ignore it! There is enough of this speculative kind of banter on Airliners.net without Pprune joining in.

HH6702
18th Mar 2005, 21:19
Kosmar put 2005 on sale 1st april last year so maybe within the next two weeks.

ive got a funny feeling that the tour operators may put seats on sale just after easter.

One of the big 4 likes to try and get early sales in first.

WATABENCH
26th Mar 2005, 14:42
Expect to see FCA in EXT as well as NCL and a poss SFB from BRS is being looked into prob via SNN, looking quite rosy for the southwest with FCA

FCA and BRS held talks in London few weeks back regarding expansion of routes.
I believe new First Choice brochures are out 16 April so 2 weeks and all will be revealed i spose!!

crewboi83
26th Mar 2005, 14:47
When u say NCL and FCA do u mean the could possibly reopen the base, or just a few W patterns and the SFB as they do now?

airmemphis
26th Mar 2005, 17:23
Any new flights to SSH, HRG, LXR, TCP, RMF, etc in Egypt?

WATABENCH
26th Mar 2005, 19:10
Crewboi - Not 100% sure on goings on with NCL with FCA but hearing a hell of a lot regarding EXT and FCA.

Airmemphis - XLA are doing SSH from BRS over summer, BY started winter flights in OCT

Leodis
26th Mar 2005, 19:46
Firstly folks, sorry if this thread looks in danger of turning into another LBA thread but I would just like to clear this matter up once and for all........

Whichever airline moves in on LBA first will make a killing

This is what I said before Jet2.com arrived. The same goes for the charters and if LBA is too close to Manchester to operate similar or like services from LBA...... try telling that to Mr PM of Jet2.com.:{

Mr JH of Astraeus knows this and I wouldn't be suprised if we see much more of them in the years to come!

MerchantVenturer
26th Mar 2005, 19:48
WATABENCH

Didn't Air 2000, as it was then, have a based unit at EXT the summer before last, or possibly the summer before that?

How many FCA a/c at BRS this summer? I believe it was 2 x A 321s in summer 04.

airmemphis
26th Mar 2005, 23:42
"Airmemphis - XLA are doing SSH from BRS over summer, BY started winter flights in OCT"

WATABENCH, yeah I know BY started quite a few routes to SSH in November 2004 including:

GLA-SSH
NCL-SSH
LTN-SSH
EMA-SSH
BRS-SSH
and BHX-LXR (luxor)

BHX-SSH (starts this summer)
GLA-HRG (hurghada) (starts this summer)

The only new route I know that's starting this winter (November 2005) is CWL-SSH. Anyone know if new services are planned from any other regional airport? maybe LBA? BFS ?EDI?

Cheers

WATABENCH
27th Mar 2005, 08:02
MV - Air 2000 haven't had a base unit in EXT before, they did 3-4 W patterns a week couple of summers back, using CWL/BFS/BHX a/c, 320s CWL/BFS and 757 BHX,
FCA based the CWL a/c in EXT last winter and made a killing apparently, and that is what they are currently doing this year, can't understand why they feel the need to pull the CWL a/c for winter though as they would get the winter business over there as well, and their flights from BRS over winter are usually choca. Think the plan is for a based 320 continuing from next winter into summer.
BRS - FCA has 1 x 321 in winter and has 2 x 321s based in summer, approx 34 flights a week in summer, new route for them this summer is Bourgas, they already cover Varna in summer:ok:

682ft AMSL
27th Mar 2005, 08:29
Leodis - surely charter capacity is not determined by the airline but rather the tour operators. i.e. it is TUI that determine how many holidays to sell ex-LBA (or anywhere else)and to which destinations and they then decide which airline to use to operate those services. It would be a case of the tail wagging the dog if it were the other way around.

Travel Agent
27th Mar 2005, 10:49
New route for Summer 2006 with Kosmar Holidays NCL - KVA, on sale now. KVA = Kavala (Greece, for holidays on island of Thassos). Flights op by XLA

johnwalton
27th Mar 2005, 12:20
Don't FCA and TCX have some kind of agreement (whereby TCX operate a NCL base and FCA operate a BRS base and the two tour operators share the seats) that was signed a few years back? Is this agreement coming to an end?

crewboi83
27th Mar 2005, 13:13
Johnwalton.... wasnt aware of the NCL/BRS thing between TCX and FCA but that would explain the amount of First Choice tickets taken on TCX flights.
Would be nice to see FCA back at NCL instead of just the odd 'W' pattern they do now

WATABENCH
27th Mar 2005, 14:45
Yes there was a deal sighned after Sept 11, also ment that FC shops sold TC hols a a 2nd prefered operator and vice versa with TC shops, think i herd the shop deal is no longer going, so poss of TCX back in BRS and FCA in NCL.

HH6702
30th Mar 2005, 07:35
Kosmar 2006

I know this is not a new route but looks like that excel are spilting the fridays flight to skiathos/Volos

NCL-VOLOS XLA6501/2 06:00 16:45
NCL-SKIATHOS XLA4150/1 09:00 19:00

KVA FLIGHT IS ALSO THURSDAY NOT WEDNESDAYS AS STATED BEFORE

thanks

p.s some of the routes aren't on sale yet.
cant get times for zth, rho, kos ect