PDA

View Full Version : BTC - Kemble

craig1975
16th Mar 2005, 12:32
Hi all,

Has anyone done their CPL/IR at BCT in Kemble - it seems a fantastic price for a course done entirely on aircraft and no sim work.

I am trying to establish whether they are any good or not.

Also I heard a murmer that Chris Brookes from Westflight has gone their - does anyone know if thats the case.

Please dont suggest a search - been there done that and there is very little info on BCT

Cheers

Craig

heathrow hawk
18th Mar 2005, 18:14
It was excellent I did the IR in Spain at aerodynamics and then came back for the CPL at BCT which has been equally as good, the only trouble being is you find your heads always in the cockpit on the VFR CPL. In Spain its the duchess twin 25 hrs 40 complex 172RG then 15hrs on the Arrow coming back. The combined course was 15995 I only have 4 hrs left for the CPL and my mate has his test tomorrow. Malaga is a busy international airport which keeps you on your toes. I averaged 12 hrs a week it can be done quicker but 2-3 hrs on instruments at the beginning was brain draining. Got a first time pass. well worth it. Hope I don't Partial the CPL!!!!!!!!!

Big Piston head
20th Mar 2005, 09:13
Well after serious consideration I have decided to follow your path H.Hawk the BCT/Aerodynamics route. So I'll be heading down to Spain soon. I had a chat with Matt Litten CFI at BCT and feel I have made the right choice. He said that the only differences are the RT but they'll polish that up on the CPL once I return. Buying my spanish phrase book and swimming trunks tomorrow.

Captain101
20th Mar 2005, 22:45
From what I have heard:-

Chris Brookes is still running Westflight, just not as a FTO.

I am fairly sure that the former Westflight CFI is instructing there. (an outstanding instructor)

The course sounds very similar to the Westflight course and if it is even close I would highly recomend it.