PDA

View Full Version : TWU gets busdrivers 19%. AIPA fiddles

bonvol
16th Mar 2005, 07:25
Whilst AIPA is actively pursuing the race to the bottom the TWU has been getting its members results.

When will we ever wake up in QF?

The Matirx
16th Mar 2005, 07:53
Bonny.

Would that be JQ busdivers or QF busdrivers ?

bonvol
16th Mar 2005, 08:48
Refers.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200503/s1324240.htm

spinout
16th Mar 2005, 19:17
Maybe the ONE PILOT UNION should be the TWU…. They already represent some Qantas Pilots, Regional Pilots and GA Pilots.
:cool:

bonvol
16th Mar 2005, 19:57
Yeah Spinout, I've been a supporter of that for ages. The QF mainline pilots can't stomach it though. They would rather go down with the good ship AIPA.

It's hard to alter a lemmings natural tendency.

BankAngle50
17th Mar 2005, 02:26
I would postulate (perhaps obvious) that one would better become a bus driver than an airline pilot in Oz if starting out as a spotty faced 18 year old.

This would be especially true if you happen to end up scraping the barrel at Jet* flying 100+ hours per month. I hear it’s now around 80-90K to get a frozen ATPL. Then there’s the years slaving in GA earning less than the dole. Finally get into a flash turboprop, maybe its even got EFIS and doesn’t look like a pencil d!ck. You might even earn more than 20K pa. a year or so goes on, then you get a dream run and get into Jet*. WOW there goes another 30K which you probably have to borrow. Now your earning nothing whilst you train. Gee checked to line , and earning about 5K more than the bus driver who is onto his second house and drives 38 hours a week and who’s pax don’t smell as bad as jet*. :ugh:

What went wrong?:{

Howard Hughes
17th Mar 2005, 02:43
Bank Angle,

Look out the window mate, that's why we bother.
If you base everything solely on money alone, aviation would never stack up. We'd all be queing up with our Bachelors of economics to sit in God's chair...(Now would'nt that be funny, an oversupply of CEO's?)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

Edited to satisfy the spelling police. Now would anyone like to take a shot at my grammar?

sport
17th Mar 2005, 04:33
Batchelors of economics

Definitely wouldn't be a Bachelor of English

jakethemuss
17th Mar 2005, 11:51
Gee,

And I thought Bonvol was announcing his candidacy for AIPA’s COM to fix the problems that exist.

No, he’d rather behave in his normal cowardly manner behind a pseudonym. By Christ, he’s a tough bloke.

Bonvol, you must have got in to Qantas at the tail end of a recruitment run. You know when they are desperate for Pilots and start to take the minimum standard. All you have ever done is whinge like a sissy. Grow some aggots and have a go at fixing the problems. I’ll bet you are an ordinary pilot to boot. Probably 2+ material.

Pilots in this country need tough guys like you to stand up and fix our problems. Not likely you coward.

I'll guess we'll all wake up the day that cowards like you scab on your comrades that you have hysterically begged to strike on your behalf. Not likely sissy boy.

bonvol
17th Mar 2005, 12:12
Been around some time Jake. Probably a lot longer than you. I can still remember going through the split from the AFAP. Apply a bit of your 2+ maths to work it out.

And, pray tell what brave deeds have you accomplished in AIPA? I'm sure you are probably on the COM by the vitriol.

And, what makes you think I am not as vocal in other areas?

And, what constitutes an ordinary pilot? By inference you are obviously an extraordinary pilot and I'm sure one who lets everyone know too. We need more fellows like you. Calm, collected and extraordinary. An asset to any cockpit.

Sadly though, your argument is a bit on the 2+ side and constitutes personal abuse so be careful and respect your superiors.

Jake, I've been looking and looking but I can't find my aggots. Did you mean maggots perhaps? I use them for bait from time to time. Excellent for catching Tommy Ruffs and Garfish btw.

But I digress, I know Jake the Muss wasn't exactly noted in the movie for his literacy ability but surely someone as extraordinary as your good self would have studied euphemisms and rudimentary spelling at school. Could it possibly have been agates you were thinking of?

Also, with respect to anonymity and cowards, I have looked and looked and looked at the seniority list but I can't find PUIT,S/O,/F/0, Capt Jakethemuss. I'll keep looking.

DirectAnywhere
17th Mar 2005, 19:04
And to top it all off, the CFMEU in Victoria has negotiated the following for its members:Construction workers would receive a 4 per cent pay rise in March next year, followed by two 4.5 per cent pay rises in March 2007 and 2008. By doing so, it has locked in conditions for its members for the period over which the current government has guaranteed control of the senate. I don't have a lot of time for the CFMEU but a smart move from them nonetheless.

Howard Hughes
17th Mar 2005, 21:46
I know Jake the Muss wasn't exactly noted in the movie for his literacy ability

But Crikey he was handy with his fists!!;)

Cheers, HH.

:ok:

PS: I also think that might be literary ability! (hey Sport?);)

bonvol
17th Mar 2005, 22:24
You got me HH. Well spotted :E

Chilli Muscle
23rd Mar 2005, 11:26
So to summarise

- Pilots have accepted ridiculous pay and conditions with increased workload and continue to do so.

- Airline management recognise them for the suckers that they are.

- They have accepted such a decrease that recovery to previous levels will not be possible for 20 years if the current situation continues.

- They have accepted that they will pay for their training not only initially but even when they enter the multi million dollar airline environment.

- They preach professionalism but do not value their profession in monetary terms.

- As a group they remain a fractured confused lot who are unrepresented by any effective body.

Until the representation issue is resolved effectively expect more of the same.

cunningham
25th Mar 2005, 04:31
Chilli,

An excellent post. The current situation is very sad.

Mr. C

slice
25th Mar 2005, 15:58
Imagine if you would, that at a special meeting of all QF pilots their Pprune pseudonyms were revealed!!!

So, you're Jakethemuss! I always f@cking knew it you slimy bastard! Whack, thump....

You could sell tickets:E