View Full Version : Roll Call!!! KA CPP!

vicleecy
16th Mar 2005, 03:28
Someone around are receiving KA CPP calls now....buddies...it's time!

NelsonLee
16th Mar 2005, 06:43
Thanks for the news.

BTW, vic did you pass the 2nd stage for CX?

vicleecy
16th Mar 2005, 07:28
Content of the KA call is about medical check-up visit.

What So Ever
16th Mar 2005, 09:49
As it says on their website "only shortlisted candidates will be contacted", may I ask what soft of experience or quailfication you have? Anyone has any idea how they shortlisting people? Also, what exactly did they call for? only the medical check? any initial test of interviewing dates mentioned?

Thanks mates...

hekokimushi
16th Mar 2005, 13:23
hi there guys. any overseas candidates have been called for a check up?

regards,

nelson

vicleecy
17th Mar 2005, 04:11
my background.
Bachelor degree, graduating this year.
No flying licence. No driving licence.
Some sim hours. If you read my previous posts, you will know.
Oh yes, I have sea pilot licence and seacraft engineer licence.

A very very very normal Hong Kong local aspired in flying.

CX also says shortlisted candidates....i think they have the similar standards??

cba1012
17th Mar 2005, 06:57
I got a call from KA too!!! but it seems weird that they do the medical test at the begining....but what's the point to have a medical test if i havn't done the proper test well??

I have done CX CCP interview before and I failed on the 2nd stage......and I heard that the medical check is the last part of the whole interview process.

How come KA does that on the other way round?
do u think there r any connection between CX and KA?
(eg: pasting the CP candidate list around)

What So Ever
17th Mar 2005, 07:17
When did you guys get the calls? So anyone else got a call too?
I've applied too, but heard nothing since..started to worry about it....

katana-dv20
17th Mar 2005, 08:06
Hey guys, how did KA contact you? Phone or email or regular mail? Wondering how they treat our oversea people? I noticed KA would start from the medical checkup. What is the date for your medical interview? Since I'm coming back for the CX stage1 in April, I'm hoping to get this done as well (if they accept my application). HEHE. Good luck to all of U!

JetDriverWannabe
17th Mar 2005, 12:11
From what I have been hearing from people that have applied.

They are calling the candiates and asking them to turn up for a quick 15 to 20 minute medical check up at a sub-contractors office in the Central District. The are also , telling them, if they don't hear from them in 1 - 2 weeks time after that, they have failed their initial medical check up.

What So Ever
17th Mar 2005, 22:16
What about the people haven't got a call yet? Means they are not shortlisted and have no chance??
Worry..worry..worry...

cba1012
18th Mar 2005, 01:43
KA called me actually like....few days ago
by the way i m a HK local too

hey vic, what degree have u got?
i have a bloody civil engineering bachelor and i dun think they r interested on me.

Crest
18th Mar 2005, 03:36
Can't really guess what KA is doing guys... I send in my applications to CX and KA at the same time. Still no reply from KA but got a call from CX 2 weeks after.

cba1012
18th Mar 2005, 07:13
anyone has another call from KA after the medical check yet?
heard that we will receive call in a week after.....

anyone anyone anyone.............???

vicleecy
18th Mar 2005, 07:37
Well I think because the medical check is not conducted at KA House, so KA is passive on setting the schedule?

JetDriverWannabe
18th Mar 2005, 11:57
Apparently, some of the candidates called up..

a: wear glasses
b: taken university subjects which are not related to aviation.
c: have zero flying hours.

I don't think you should worry too much about it.

Apparently , I was told that the intial medical check include
1: Weight / Height
2: Vision. test whether you have 20/20 vision
3: Color blindness test. (coluor dots one)
It conducted at a third party medical practice in central.

FlyingMoggy2
18th Mar 2005, 12:36
anyone from overseas been contacted yet?
any idea if they call or send email or mail?

tomcatrl
18th Mar 2005, 20:49
haven't heard much about overseas yet.

Does anyone has contacts to KA so overseas candidates can confirm their status?

katana-dv20
18th Mar 2005, 21:12
hey FM, the medical checkup is obviously open to those local people. I don't see any oversea people are going to that third-party check so far. I still don't understand how they gonna treat our oversea's. I told them I'm holding a Class 1 Med in Canada on my app. So I don't think they wanna spend money on me for that third-party check anyway. This is all my guess. I have no clue what are they trying to do. I got emails from CX usually, so I think KA will do the same if they wanna notice us. So....nothing we can do.

FlyingMoggy2
19th Mar 2005, 10:13
i hold a class 1 medical in australia too, i forgot wether i told KA about it in my application >_<

hekokimushi
20th Mar 2005, 07:49
a little diverson to the topic really.
how much is it to get a Class 1 where you guys are?
me in the UK. first Class1 med exam must take place in Gatwick... travelling there costs !!! and the exam itself costs GBP500 so at the rate at the moment... HKD14.5 to GBP1.00... it is a hell a lot of money. just wondering if it is cheaper in other continents. i hold a class 2 at the moment.

nelson

Crest
20th Mar 2005, 14:49
Here in Toronto. I got a Class I for about CND$150. It's time to move out of UK. LOL

Another Nelson

FlyingMoggy2
20th Mar 2005, 22:31
mine was around $180 AUD, so just ovev $1000 HKD

katana-dv20
21st Mar 2005, 01:57
Hey..mine was the cheapest ... $100 CAD in Ottawa, Canada. I know..everything is expensive in UK isn't it. Fly to Ottawa from London direct cost you about $600 Canadian, plus another $100CAD, total $700 Canadian. Of course, 2 days of hotel cost another $150 CAD. Ground Transportation $50. Total is about $900 CAD. Well..still cheaper than UK. Plus you have a chance to see the capital of Canada. !! WOW

cba1012
21st Mar 2005, 02:15
I used to study in the UK too. For me, the UK is the worst place even in the world. u spend like 10 times more than in canada but get like 10 times worse also.

anyone from the UK agree?

hekokimushi
21st Mar 2005, 09:16
absolutely.

specially in aviation.
medical class 2 i paid 155 pounds... about HKD2000

an hour dual in cessna152 (been training for 35hours now... so lots of money down the drain) is 105 pounds = about HKD1500

class 1... £400.00 i think... might have gone up...

so i totally agree... will fly out and get one done elsewhere. :)
but the medical cert would not be valid in my state (UK) or not transverrable right??

rolling back to the topic... any outsiders (not currently reside in hk, overseas application hongkongers) or licence (medical class I or II or any private pilot) holder have been contacted at all??

nelson (many nelson around)