PDA

View Full Version : GA Award

The Counter
15th Mar 2005, 23:00
I have been offered a position as a casual Grd2 Instructor for 4 months before I start an airline job overseas.

The problem I have is I also hold Multi Engine and IFR training approvals and over the years have completed several of both.

The company is offering the position because of my experience but only wants to pay me Grd2 wages without the other approvals until the students (Overseas airline students) start there Multi and IFR training at which time the pay will be ajusted.

Other schools (also overseas airlines)I have been teaching at never did this. All your ratings/approvals where recognised weather teaching it or not.

This particular school said it's in the GA Award which I have looked up but can't find anything that reflects this.

Can someone please help me locate is paragraph in the award or not locate it as the case my be.

Thanks
TC
;)

Super Cecil
16th Mar 2005, 00:15
Your getting paid? That's a head start on most others, shut up while your ahead.:8

Woomera
16th Mar 2005, 00:36
The Award provides for the employer paying only for your endorsements and ratings which it requires you to use in the conduct of it's business.

When you are required to exercise the privileges of your additional ratings, under the Award the employer must pay the allowances for those ratings. At that point onwards, you will continue to receive that higher rate of pay whether or not you are required to use those ratings.

If, for example, you held IFR multi turbine engine aircraft endorsements and accepted a VFR, SE flying position, you could hardly expect that employer to pay the allowances for your higher level endorsements?

It is your prerogative as to whether or not you accept any employment offer.

swh
16th Mar 2005, 00:44
Just to back up woomera was saying with another example, if you have a Command F100 on your licence and your flying a C172, your not going to be paid the award rate for the F100.

Likewise if your flying a F100 and hold an instructor rating, your not going to be paid as a C&T captain until the company requires that of you.

The award is a minimum, many employers will pay 5-10% above the award base rate to cover late night ops etc which would be required to be paid if your being paid the min base rate. Its works out easier for everyone to pay the little extra than the accounting of shifts etc for the allowances.

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
16th Mar 2005, 09:05
http://www.wagenet.gov.au/wagenet/Search/view.asp?docid=242918&query=(PILOT)&page=0&quickview=Y