PDA

View Full Version : Where is the best place to train??

Stelios1984
15th Mar 2005, 14:06
Hi, I have been looking at becoming an airline pilot since as far back as I can remember and am currently coming towards the end of my degree at university. I have no flying experience and am therefore looking at going to a self-funded training school to gain my full ATPL licence and then hopefully a job at an airline!

As far as i am aware the first step is for me to gain a JAR Class 1 Medical from gatwick and then take it from there in terms of loans, funding and applying for courses. BUT where is the best place to learn in terms of enjoyment and more importantly EMPLOYABILITY afterwards??? So far I have looked at;
-Cabair
-Flight Training Europe (Jerez)
-Fly Westwind (USA)

Has anyone got any comments on any of these places and are there any that people can kindly suggest to me? And is there any advice that anyone could give me?

Hopefully some of you guys can help, many thanks.

VFE
15th Mar 2005, 16:28
I am afraid that questions like these have been done to death here on PPRuNe over the years. Basically, people are all talked-out about it....

Your best hope is to use the search function and then pose a more specific question once you've gained more information from the archives.

G'luck,

VFE.

FougaMagister
17th Mar 2005, 12:48
Where is the best place to train?

How long is a piece of string?

Better do your homework, otherwise you'll get as many answers as posters here... :cool: