PDA

View Full Version : Thomsonfly applies for DSA--Jersey

Oshkosh George
15th Mar 2005, 13:50
From the CAA licensing section,Thomsonfly have applied to the States of Jersey to fly schedules from Doncaster/Sheffield from April 30.

aeulad
15th Mar 2005, 14:00
C'mon George, this is waaaaay old news!:E They have been selling tickets on the route for months.

Regards

Mike

Oshkosh George
15th Mar 2005, 14:06
How can they do that when they haven't got the clearance to fly the route yet?

aeulad
15th Mar 2005, 14:10
Search me, I'm not up on all that stuff, but they announced DSA-Jersey months back, sorree:O

Regards

Mike

Oshkosh George
15th Mar 2005, 14:12
Yes,I see it's on their website,but from 29 April.

Big Tudor
15th Mar 2005, 15:42
Adds weight to the application though. Please let us fly this route otherwise all these people won't be coming to spend their money in Jersey.

terrywilcox
15th Mar 2005, 16:26
For what it is worth,this item should have been on Doncaster Finningley thread. Think we would have had a good laugh.

Oshkosh George
15th Mar 2005, 16:41
Because it's old news? Must admit ,I never read that thread(out of my area).I just reported on the application to the States of Jersey ,assuming it was news.

If an airline can't sell tickets while awaiting their AOC,how on earth can they sell tickets on a route not yet permitted? The permit is perhaps a mere formality?

caa19
15th Mar 2005, 17:25
States of Jersey are pritty much operating open skies although the permits legislation is still in place, see www.edd.gov.je/airsea for info. If the destination had being Guernsey would have being a different story.