PDA

View Full Version : Helldog SA Licence Help

helldog
15th Mar 2005, 04:10
Gentlemen...Ladies....

Helldog will shortly be in the good old RSA to do a SA Licence. I have a few questions if anyone could answer one or all of them that would be just great.

1) Place to do it, has to be in Joburg. which school should I see?
2) Where is the CAA located? Mid Rand is it now?
3) Do I have to do all 7 cpl exams even if I have Ozzie licence?
4) Do I have to do a CPL flight test and an IR Test or just the IR?
5) Cost of exams?
6) Can you sit them on any day of the week?
7) Study notes, where do I get them? How much do they cost?
8) Can I punch out a licence in two weeks if I go hard at it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Cheers all

B Sousa
15th Mar 2005, 04:57
PIcked up my notes in Lanseria at www.aeronav.co.za Meet with some of the Pruneheads here and discuss it over a few Brewskis. those that are currently flying will lead you down the Garden Path............or should I say, watch your wallet.

joshuaw
15th Mar 2005, 07:16
I have some really detailed notes from a group at CFA(Central Flying Academy) also Midrand and can be contacted on www.cfa.co.za. Fairly competitve pricing too. SACAA is also very close to this school and Grand Central Airport. +273150184

Jelly Doughnut
15th Mar 2005, 07:18
www.caa.co.za has some info for converting/validating a foreign license

birdlady
15th Mar 2005, 18:42
If you want good notes for CPL go to Avex at Grand Central. Im studying them at the moment and have to say they are excellent. :ok: :ok:
For the flying Superior Pilot Services also at Grand Central. 011 8050605
Make sure, before you come here that you have a student visa or even better a work permit as the SACAA may not issue you your licence without it. There getting strict and it was in the AIP's but nothing has come of it but Id check just in case.
For more info; try this forum www.avcom.co.za
BL :ok:

helldog
17th Mar 2005, 09:56
thanks for the info people. I will be down in SA on Sunday night. And should be wandering around Lanseria like a lost pup on Monday morning.

Renaissance
17th Mar 2005, 12:58
HI Helldog,

Was tghat you in 5H-MVE arriving wilson today with a BE1900 tailing you?

How's it?

helldog
18th Mar 2005, 10:40
Hey,

Nah that was another company pilot going over for maintenance. I was in Mwanza looking up rude pictures on the internet, drinking beer and making important enquiries about important...........stuff.