PDA

View Full Version : CityJet (WX) Information Please

Lite
14th Mar 2005, 21:15
I recently heard that CityJet would be expanding their presence in the Midlands through their franchise agreement with Air France, and that the airline will be hiring again shortly, and was hoping that some of the members on the board might be able to tell me a bit about WX.

I know that they are taking over BHXCDG on behalf of AF but does anyone know;

1) What they're like to work for?
2) What the product is onboard?
3) Whether the airline is keeping DUBAGP and if this route is doing well, as well as any other routes they fly out of their codeshare?

ANY help or any info about the airline is great!

bmibaby.com
15th Mar 2005, 16:30
I don't know about work conditions, but I remember that when CityJet had a small fleet of BAe ATP aircraft alongside the 146s, they used to have a small operation into EMA with flights to DUB & CDG. It would be nice to see them back at EMA, as it would be nice to have an airline that can offer service to a major hub with all the alliance conveniences, but I think they are trying to sort out their BHX operation first!!!

The airline provides service standards set by Air France on their franchise routes, and on flights from DUB to southern Europe (I know they used to fly FAO & ALC but all I can see on their website at the minute is AGP) they provide a snack & beverage service in Economy, and a full meal service in their business class.

Platinum206
15th Mar 2005, 22:18
/3

As regards the DUBAGP route, only now operated on weekend days.

There was a time a few months ago when there was very very low bookloads, less than 10 on average.

However WX are now selling a vast majority of their seats to the tour operator/ travel agent Michael Stein Travel.

Stein Travel are putting bums on seats so to speak on the WX732/733 every weekend. Which is always good of course, but are WX delighted with this agreement or are they sorry to have to resort to selling their seats to the tour operators on what was probably considered a slightly more upper class way of traveling to the Costa Del Sol rather than travelling with the riff-raff on the charter Spanairs/ Futura's etc