PDA

View Full Version : freight operators

Tony Chambers
14th Mar 2005, 10:49
Hi Ladies & Gents

I don't normally visit this forum but i have been posed with a task. I am trying to establish contacts with freight operators in the UK, a client of mine despatches documentation and packages inc DAC from 5000kg upwards, but is not currently useing a freight operator he is using airline schedule flights at the moment.

Is there anyone out there that could help my client and I by providing information and contacts on freight operators, thier destinations, operating bases and minimum/maximum carraige inc costs.

Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

:ok:

Willit Run
14th Mar 2005, 11:40
Might it be easier to list the cities that you need the freight to go to/from? That would ease the task for us

Tony Chambers
14th Mar 2005, 12:07
My client wants to despatch to various cities and is unsure which until he is tasked to do a job, but so far he is looking at JNB & LAX. He especially needs to move 5000kg to LAX in the next few weeks.

I hope this helps?

CR2
14th Mar 2005, 12:31
A lot of airlines deal only with freight agents, so your best bet is to try them first.

CargoOne
14th Mar 2005, 13:00
Unless you have something special like outsized or DG it there is no point to stick with all-cargo carriers, because bellyhold rates to well-served destinations are normally lower than maindeck (that's the case especially with transatlantic)

cargosales
15th Mar 2005, 04:22
Try here (http://www.azfreight.com) and have a look at the A-Z Directory Online (top left of the page).

Go to 'United Kingdom' and call up the Cargo Agents / Freight Forwarders page.

It's just a big long list I'm afraid but you'll be able to call several of them and get some competitive quotes.

Hope that helps

CS