PDA

View Full Version : Do you know of part time MCC?

pink flamingo
14th Mar 2005, 09:13
Hi all
I hold a "f" ATPL but no MCC as when I finished few months ago i had no cash left, however it appears that airlines requires one as minimum requirement to apply for a flying vacancy.

I now have managed to save a few coins (or paid in few credit card bills) and would be ready to do an MCC in order to start applying for what I've been training/studying for.

Unfortunately in my current job I am not entitled to annual leave till the end of the summer season thus I would appreciate if you know of any MCC course adapted to individual necessities.

My working pattern varies with 3/4 days off and 4/5 on. I would be interested on every kind of suggestions.

Kind regards and many thanks in advance to everyone.
PF
:confused:

darkbarly
21st Mar 2005, 11:19
Speak to Richard Moss at HGFC.co.uk, they are very flexible and having just completed their MCC you will be pleased with the quality v cost.

:ok:

silverknapper
21st Mar 2005, 18:55
Tricky one for you mate. Some schools seem to be quite flexible. When I was looking bournemouth said I could have any date I wanted as long as there were two of us. From that I would infer if you could find someone else in the same situation you'll be laughing. That could be the tricky part as most folk seem to want it done ASAP.
Not wishing to sound workshy but in your situation I would consider pulling a 'sickie'. Most courses are 8 days so you'd need 4 off. Obviously flying is your priority and you can't apply for jobs unless you have that certificate (or at a push know when you will have). I suppose here is a good place to start in the search for a P/T MCC partner though.

SmilingKnifed
21st Mar 2005, 22:13
I've been impressed by what I've seen of Jetlinx, Gloucester.

www.jetlinx.co.uk

buzzc152
23rd Mar 2005, 17:32
check your PM's :ok:

pink flamingo
25th Mar 2005, 09:21
buzzc152
Many thanks for your pm, as mentioned on my reply I’ll endeavour to keep you informed.

silverknapper
Indeed an interesting point yours, however in conflict with mine. In fact I am quite proud of my excellent attendance record therefore for the moment I will keep trying to find a course which matches with my days off.

Thanks everyone, i have contacted some of those FTOs and currently waiting for a reply.
PF
:ok: