PDA

View Full Version : air bridges in cork

eastjimmy
14th Mar 2005, 05:01
hi all this is my first post been an avid reader of this site for some time, hi to all the corkonians ttt etc.. been trying to contact aer rianta cork regarding the air bridges and have yet to get a reply. seen many people talking about it on the fourm and like you feel its so so crazy not to have a few installed . am a very regular user of the airport of late and am proud to see our new terminal take shape just really shows off how pre historic the old one was. just wish all involved have the good sence to look into the future. trans atlantic etc.
has anyone any info on new routes/airlines at cork am very interested in getting some news on this as an ex magician id like to get home soon just so fed up with all the traveling!!
regards
ej

LTNman
14th Mar 2005, 05:19
Didn’t the old terminal have an open coal fire in it? Thought at the time the place was a bit old fashioned if they had to use a coal fire to heat the place.:ok:

eastjimmy
21st Mar 2005, 18:54
well not wishing to beat the same drum but well i got soaked along with a full load of pax on the ork paris flight today. the a/c was away to the right of the terminal and by the time we all got to the a/c we were all drenched . i just sat there looking out at the construction going on just daring to hope we might see something like an air bridge taking shape???? great load though.
as a side point i shed a tear for jet magic the other day, i was in zurich and there on the ramp were the ex magic 145's ei-gxa(now hb-jax) and ei-gxb (now hb-jay) and taxing by at that moment was the little 135 still in the magic colours with the logo of cityline writen on the side of it, went by now in a g reg. ........ ahhhh
regs
ej

MarkD
21st Mar 2005, 19:56
eastjimmy

dash off a letter to d'examiner there boy. Tis the only paper that will give a damn, and it might help keep up de pressure. Copies to the local TDs too - I presume they all have d'email dese days?

:D

eastjimmy
22nd Mar 2005, 02:34
just sent a letter off to mr d stanton and simon covney. watch this space however i fear the dice may have all ready been cast.
we ve been shafted again.
ej

LTNman
22nd Mar 2005, 05:37
You might want air bridges at Cork but the low cost airlines don’t and won’t use them as they can only board through one door. Cork might well be listening to the low cost airlines which is where expansion will come from.

acbus1
22nd Mar 2005, 05:57
air bridges in cork
Very Irish.

They're usually in steel.

MarkD
22nd Mar 2005, 15:03
Very true LTNman, the likes of Arann would never be able to use them anyway but at least one bridge should have been built for the few airlines that would use them.

I hope at least that the ability to add them back later has been built into the design rather than being told, sorry it'll cost E20m to rip out the stairs to the apron and put in bridge mountings!