PDA

View Full Version : The March 2005 Jet Blast road trip......

Jerricho
14th Mar 2005, 02:37
Well, it has been suggested that those of us that spend a little of our time here get out and about once in a while.

Stand by for details.............

SmilingKnifed
14th Mar 2005, 02:56
Great, day release! :ok:

Jerricho
14th Mar 2005, 02:58
And no ankle tags required :ok:

SmilingKnifed
14th Mar 2005, 03:10
Not even on Tart1? :E

Atlas Shrugged
14th Mar 2005, 03:30
Standing by.............. http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/sally/liplick.gif

tony draper
14th Mar 2005, 08:00
I suggest you run through Yellowstone Cheerio, just as fast as you can.
:uhoh:

timmcat
14th Mar 2005, 08:23
Uh oh - we know what happened last time.. :sad:

pilotwolf
14th Mar 2005, 09:02
And no ankle tags required

Won't be much fun if bondage isn't allowed or are we talking about different ankle tags?

PW

Avtrician
14th Mar 2005, 11:44
Right, will just clone the tardis in Trabby House and I'm ready to go.

The Real Slim Shady
14th Mar 2005, 12:22
Can I come?

I've got an old Underground ticket that I didn't use; it's in a pocket somewhere. And I've got a street map of Milton Keynes if that's any use.

tall and tasty
14th Mar 2005, 12:24
I'm game

TnT :p

phoenix son
14th Mar 2005, 12:33
TnT,

We know.....

Big Tudor
14th Mar 2005, 12:34
And I've got a street map of Milton Keynes if that's any use.
I can think of no Earthly use for such a thing. Besides, if the trip ends up in MK then Cheerio will have to take extra tyres for his Landy!
Still a bit nippy in the Northern Hemisphere for a road-trip, don't really fancy sleeping under the stars in Winnipeg at the mo. How about we start Dunnunda and work our way northwards. Oh, and if anybody knows George Dubya could you ask him where he's planning to invade next. Don't really wanna get tangled up with the US Army. ;)

Onan the Clumsy
14th Mar 2005, 13:18
Watch this space

More info coming soon...

:cool:

tony draper
14th Mar 2005, 13:44
Did anybody ever find a map of the London Underground?
:rolleyes:

Jerricho
14th Mar 2005, 15:10
Right then.

Everybody keep this Saturday 19 March free.

MadsDad
14th Mar 2005, 15:23
Mr. D

London Underground (http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/tubemap/pdfdocs/colourmap.pdf).

Also Paris Metro (http://www.paris.org/Metro/gifs/metro01.map.jpg),

Glasgow Underground (http://www.spt.co.uk/images/ug_map.jpg)

and Newcastle Metro (http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/travel/metro.shtml)

(In case anyone gets carried away)

Jerricho
14th Mar 2005, 15:36
You'll not need them Tones.

You will need your nostalgia hat though.

Tonic Please
14th Mar 2005, 16:01
Cheerio, had to have a giggle at your clever comment about Yellowstone :O

HandspringGuy
14th Mar 2005, 17:44
Jerricho

March 19th is the day Wales beat Ireland for the Grand Slam!

Jerricho
14th Mar 2005, 18:48
Maybe that's where we are going :E

(or not)

Onan the Clumsy
15th Mar 2005, 01:28
Hurry, hurry, hurry

* * * Make your reservations * * *

Saturday March 19th 2005

* * * For The * * *

First
Annual

JetBlast Away Day!

* * * To... * * *

"drum roll please"

Aviation History and Nostalgia!

Come tour the museums :8

See the wonderful pictures :ok:

Hang out with your friends and make new ones :*

Ask esoteric questions about old aircraft...and receive patient, polite answers :ooh:

Fifty pee gets you:

Transportation
A delicious packed lunch
A Souvenir Map
Two toilet stops on the way home

So as soon as the clock strikes Saturday, get your skinny ass over to Aviation History and Nostalgia, kick off your shoes, undress a little (optional of course and forbidden in some cases) and relax for a day's soothing holiday.

See you there!

:O

timmcat
15th Mar 2005, 11:03
... bet it smells a bit musty in there.

Do you think we ought to enquire as to the nature of the punishment we are likely to endure from the mods? I'm still smarting from our last excursion. :{

(go on then, count me in...)

B Fraser
15th Mar 2005, 11:33
Are we allowed to bring alcohol or will it be provided ?

Can we wheel any of the aircraft out of the museums and visit other airfields please ! I hear the Avro York at Duxford is almost ready :ok:

sixmilehighclub
15th Mar 2005, 11:38
Can I come if I wear my grandads old flying jacket?

(and stockings? :E )

Big Tudor
15th Mar 2005, 11:38
Is Jerricho taking all his family with him? Hope not, there won't be room on the bus. Imagine the consternation his MIL will cause amongst the old chaps. Better take a medic with us, just in case! ;)

B Fraser
15th Mar 2005, 11:43
I wonder if Sparkle will wear stockings if we can find her a Super Constellation .......phwoaaaaaaarrrrr :E

the Connie would be worth a look too !

tall and tasty
15th Mar 2005, 11:46
The 19th March is no good for me sorry folks!

I have a prior engagement and no way can get out :( :{

TnT

lexxity
15th Mar 2005, 11:56
Bugger, you had to pick the one day I'm destined to be at the bad place. Ah well maybe next time.....:{ :{ :{

Onan the Clumsy
15th Mar 2005, 12:03
TnT and lexxity, sorry to hear you can't make it. Tell you what though, you're welcome to come to the next one.

If this is a success, I'm planning a visit to Non Air Transport Issues (http://www.pprune.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=58). It'll be like going on a wilderness trek :ouch:

SmilingKnifed
15th Mar 2005, 12:20
Unfortunately I'm still stateside. But, whilst celebrating a welsh grand slam (on the beach) I'll be sure to think of you all. :ok:

Big Tudor
15th Mar 2005, 12:46
Can we get t-shirts printed, just like all the girls and boys heading off on stag / hen weekends to PMI, IBZ etc.

flapsforty
15th Mar 2005, 12:53
Onan, remember last time 'round? I advise against your kamikaze outing, and don't say that you haven't been warned.
Why don't you leave the planning to Jerricho eh?

Jerricho
15th Mar 2005, 13:16
Falps, this is a joint thingie. I'll make sure he behaves. ;)

Big Tudor
15th Mar 2005, 13:24
Jerricho looking after Onan. Oh Gawd. :sad: Better prepare for Pprune being switched off for a couple of days over the weekend.

Onan the Clumsy
15th Mar 2005, 13:50
Flaps Not even a wilderness trek to Non Air Transport Issues? :sad: :( :{

Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints (and bury all the poo)

MadsDad
15th Mar 2005, 14:32
Scheduled to be away but one can try and gain access. (I think there is an old Spectrum lying round the place that I can borrow, which would be eminently suitable).

The Invisible Man
15th Mar 2005, 15:42
Hi Jerricho

I cant come cos Falps said if I go anywhere ever again she would come round and "do me ead in"

Some of us were banished to the wilderness after the last excursion to the Carribean Forum.

Jerricho
15th Mar 2005, 17:07
That's ok TIM, we'll take some pictures for you.

The Invisible Man
15th Mar 2005, 17:11
I could come in one of my other disguises !!!:E

Jerricho
15th Mar 2005, 17:17
No mother-in-laws will be invited :*

Sparkle
15th Mar 2005, 17:22
If there is anybody else, apart from B Fraser, who wants me to wear stockings to our outing, I will.

But I will not freeze to death if nobody will be looking!:uhoh:

I will need some encouragement, somebody warm to hold on to and a few warming drinks.

any takers???

IB4138
15th Mar 2005, 17:23
I'll be there...It's actually a public holiday here in Spain...nothing open apart from a few bars!
I've got a map of the current and proposed (scrapped) Manchester Metrolink (tram) network...so we can go where the rails ain't built!

B Fraser
15th Mar 2005, 18:12
The delectable Sparkle said..

I will need some encouragement, somebody warm to hold on to and a few warming drinks.

I'll bring a bottle of Appleton Jamaican rum :E

Rugz
15th Mar 2005, 18:44
Hmmm, part of me wants to come along and enjoy said outing....

...part of me remembers the consequences of the last outing, and flappy is already keeping an eye on us....

....maybe it'll be ok if flappy comes along and acts as our guardian? :ok:

El Grifo
15th Mar 2005, 18:54
I Just remembered , there's something good on the telly that day !!

Counts me out !!

SyllogismCheck
15th Mar 2005, 19:29
sixmilehighclub Can I come if I wear my grandads old flying jacket?

(and stockings? :E )

His 'flying stockings'? Are you serious? :p

Sparkle asked if there will be any takers???
Jerricho's Gay Lover perhaps? :}

Capn Notarious
15th Mar 2005, 23:15
Are jet powered shopping trolleys acceptable modes of transport?

tobzalp
15th Mar 2005, 23:30
SHOTGUN!

cortilla
18th Mar 2005, 12:15
so is this trip still going ahead then. got my flying suit all pressed, the gloves have been washed and i put a wire coathanger in my white scarf.

Chocks away i say.

timmcat
18th Mar 2005, 12:20
Can we have an agreed starting time (GMT please as I can't convert back / forwards from your US / Canadian time zones...) ?

cortilla
18th Mar 2005, 12:28
not sure about arrival time at the agreed meeting point, but we should definitively have tea and biscuits at 4 o'clock and a gin and tonic at 6 o'clock, like all proper englishmen. All times GMT of course

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 14:59
Mods willing, it's still a go. ;)

Aiming for a 0700 local kick off (makes it 1300 UTC)

Pack your nostaliga hats.

PilotsPal
18th Mar 2005, 15:06
I have my favourite travel blanket (stolen from an airline I will not name), and my hip flask has been charged with something suitably high octane that I'm way too mean to share. I have my travel kit of essential personal products (lip balm, hand cream, toothbruch and toothpaste, eye shades), and a couple of extra glossy magazines. I just need a nice young man to carry it all for me and I'm set.

If we're having tea, I'd prefer Earl Grey, cucumber sandwiches on white with no crusts please and a plain scone with double cream and raspberry jam. Acctually, a glass of champagne would go down rather well, too.

Cocktails at 6pm? a nice dry martini would be lovely, and a small bowl of black olives.

cyclicmicky
18th Mar 2005, 15:07
Was seen in a nostaliga hat once, was accused of being something to do with clergy, was sore upset and never wore nostaliga hat again.!!!:uhoh:

Jerricho
18th Mar 2005, 15:08
I just need a nice young man to carry it all for me and I'm set.

I would love to offer PP, but as tour guide I'll be making sure those of questionable behaviour stay in line.

Big Tudor
18th Mar 2005, 15:12
Och, that nostalgia isn't what it used to be!

Just dug me thermos flask out of the cupboard, didn't wash it after the last awayday. :yuk:

flying bizzie
18th Mar 2005, 15:46
Got me bottle of dandelion and burdock and a big bag of jam butties. Ready when you are!!
:ok:

LordGrumpy
18th Mar 2005, 16:41
One has had the Bently 4.5 supercharged running today: sounded rather top. Two hampers and spare goggles, hope you lot can keep up.
Teeth, fixed in this time Lady G. Paw to the floor, let em hear a proper motor, but not for long.

Onan the Clumsy
19th Mar 2005, 02:56
Right hurry up you lot. The buzz will be leaving soon.

I hear the weather's going to be pretty good, I've got the food packed and I've copied some song sheets so we can 'ave a right knees up.

Just remember, we're guests in a foreign country so let's limit ourselves to this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167636) only. If I catch any of you playing silly buggers, I'll tell the driver we're all going back and if you're not around you can bloody well walk. :*

Anyway there's lots to see and do and I hear the locals are pretty friendly. 'ave a look at t' museums; they have some loverly pictures and if you have any esoteric questions...believe me, these are the people to ask. :8

Remember the buzz leaves promptly at midnight, so make sure you're on it...and anyone who :yuk:s gets to clean it up.

Oh and don't forget the whip for the driver. :ok:

aged
19th Mar 2005, 06:37
Looks like the bus has broken down. Anyone called the RAC or is it terminal?

cortilla
19th Mar 2005, 10:07
I feel like a fool now. I arranged my own transportation for the day, and no one's turned up yet. I'm the guy frantically going through all my phone numbers in my mobile to see where you guys are. The locals, whilst friendly have this funny twitch and a hint of an evil smile. i think they'll tear me apart if they know i'm foreign. We need safety in numbers.

I think i'll just lock myself in my car until the rest of you arrive on site.

Jerricho
19th Mar 2005, 10:44
Ladies and gentlemen, due to technical difficulties, the road trip has been cancelled.

The organisers offer the biggest type apologies, and offer you this as a pathetic attempt to make up for it......

The 2005 Jet Blast Awards (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=167660)

(You didn't really think they would let us go to another forum to play, did you???)

Onan the Clumsy
19th Mar 2005, 12:21
Sorry people. There appears to be a little bit of trouble with the border guards.

I'm afraid we're all going to have to go back home now. Bit of a swizz but there you have it. :(

Oh and by the way, if you check the small print, you'll see the deposit isn't refundable :}

Avtrician
19th Mar 2005, 12:41
Border Gaurds have been tempted into a new Gaurd house (looks remakably like a Tardis copy--- but a use once version). The Gaurd house has now vanished and is thought to have re-appeared out near the End Of the Universe. Crossing of the border is now uncontrolled.

Aint technology grand:O :O :ok: :ok:

timmcat
19th Mar 2005, 18:02
Anyone in here know what I mean when I shout B O G I E S!! ?

Now, would'nt it be spiffing if we tried that on a forum raid?

(probably won't mean anything to non-UK residents, or those without kids)

Jerricho
19th Mar 2005, 18:17
I'm sure that would really get up somebody's nose. :rolleyes:

corky83
20th Mar 2005, 14:43
For my sins, I understand the bogies thing. I can't believe that they broadcast that stuff. There aren't enough words in the English language to adequately describe just how wrong it is. For those of you who don't know what it's all about, try looking on the BBC site, here (http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/dickndom/index.shtml) .

Oh and timmcat , BOGIES! But I think you were supposed to start a bit quieter than that...

LordGrumpy
20th Mar 2005, 15:33
Is that not the plural of the noun, being the name of wheels on a railway engine?

Thus relevant to transport, excursions etc?

Onan the Clumsy
20th Mar 2005, 17:07
[:8 ]
the noun, being the name of wheels on a railway engine Not exactly. The term bogey refers to the collection of axles, wheels and supporting superstructure in one removable (?) articulating assembly.

Much like a Truck on an airplane
[/:8]

LordGrumpy
20th Mar 2005, 17:26
Why thank you sir.

LordGrumpy
20th Mar 2005, 17:26
Why thank you sir.

Blacksheep
21st Mar 2005, 04:27
So, why exactly was the trip cancelled? :confused:

I often hang out in the Aviation Nostalgia Forum, and I find them very welcoming over there.

I even helped them get the distinctive smell of a Hawker Hunter cockpit just right and I'm an old hand at operating a Ki-Gas pump while standing on a Lancaster mainwheel.

Of course, I was barred for a time, back in '99 when they caught me with the Grecian... ;)

Onan the Clumsy
21st Mar 2005, 12:21
My suggestion for a trip
Or a visit to another forum
Did nont meet with favor in certain circles
So I called it off

Jerricho
21st Mar 2005, 15:06
Let's just say discression was the better part of valour on this occasion.

I think we was being watched by somebody with a BIG stick :\

Blacksheep
22nd Mar 2005, 00:00
How about Military Aircrew then? They are into dogfighting in a big way over there and even the more touchy-feely among them have ultra-right wing tendencies, hate civilians and think that women belong in the kitchen.

We could have a lot of fun over there... :E

Jerricho
22nd Mar 2005, 13:30
And the difference between there and here is they wear uniforms............hang on chaps, I've got an idea.