View Full Version : iraq gunship video

rotorboy
14th Mar 2005, 00:30
Check this out, gattling gun mounted on a H model....

http://www.big-boys.com/articles/iraqfootage.html

rb

SASless
14th Mar 2005, 01:20
I think you will find that was filmed at the Dillon range. A rather innovative man named Dillon invented a progressive reloading system for folks that reload their own ammunition and has made a pot full of money. His hobby is machineguns of all kinds....to include mini-guns and quad fifties amongst the collection. He also flys a fixed wing airplane with guns and does strafing runs at his private shooting range.

One does have to admit the old mini-gun puts on a show.....but I would imagine a gatling style .50 caliber would be even more impressive from a Huey.

Ah, the smell of burnt powder....and the rattle of empty casings rolling around the cabin floor!

How many guys ever have the door gunner dump hot brass down your collar while shooting out the cabin door?

B Sousa
14th Mar 2005, 01:22
Typical Fun Gun. Website says Apache, wrongo.. I will lay my money on this:
Those are the privately owned helicopters of Dillon Precision of Scottsdale, AZ. One is a surplus UH-1, the other an MD-500
The backround looks like the filming was done in Maricopa County, Arizona...where they are known to test their toys.
Its a good company and has a lot of products for shooters. I do believe they are doing development work for the Government.
They have been so successful in their business that they now have too much fun. Im jealous.
Visit their site www.dillonprecision.com

Ian Corrigible
14th Mar 2005, 01:59
There was a thread on this over on the Mil forum a couple of weeks back (see M134 thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=165141)).

The vid may well show the Dillon gun on a private MD500, but GE's original GAU-19 minigun is of course already flying on the 160th's Little Birds, and is also being trialled on the Kiowa Warrior as we speak.

I/C

B Sousa
14th Mar 2005, 02:21
Also think you will find the difference is that its not 308, but 223