PDA

View Full Version : crew salary

jettesen
13th Mar 2005, 14:36
I need help. Can someone tell me the average new entrant salary for both easy and BA out of LGW on shorthaul? Not sure which one to go for at all Also staff travel at BA, is it confirmed, and can anone from your friends and family use it, or is it just one nominated person

flyingdutchman
14th Mar 2005, 09:44
After your comments in another thread about stuck up BA cabin crew, may I suggest you seriously consider joining EasyJet.

:ok:

jettesen
14th Mar 2005, 11:15
fltingdutchman, I can change!! I can be stuck up too

Off Stand
14th Mar 2005, 11:41
Stuck up? I don't think so!!! I am ex EZY and now work for BA, there is nothing stuck up about me!

karnak
14th Mar 2005, 11:49
Yes financially I would consider the locost option. I work for baby and take home considerably more than BA LHR! staff travel just as good - especially when internet prices are so low as long as you have your IATA card your laughing!

Tiger
14th Mar 2005, 12:00
karnak may I suggest you have a look in the pilots forum, under Rumours....look under the BA cabin crew strike posting....maybe you`d like to post your above comment regarding bmibaby cabin crew earning more than BA LHR under that heading?

karnak
14th Mar 2005, 16:45
I can only see what goes into the bank each month and then that of a friend with the said company

BA Boi
14th Mar 2005, 22:31
I think that 'karnak' suffers from extreme delusions of grandeur!!! :E

karnak
15th Mar 2005, 07:13
BA Boi I suggest you look up the DSM3 definition of delusions of grandure before you make flippant comments - denial is a very complex mental defense mechanism - look it up!

TightSlot
15th Mar 2005, 08:01
Would somebody please answer jettesen's question. Your desire to thump each other may be fascinating to all involved but makes for tedious reading.
:rolleyes:

BA Boi
15th Mar 2005, 11:30
'karnak':

OK, I might accept that IN THEORY you may once or twice per year take home SLIGHTLY more than what somebody on EF LHR may take home - but that would only be because of banked leave; sickness etc.
But what you also have to take into account when comparing the two is that one has a very good quality of life both at home and at work due to the best industrial agreements around - and the other quite simply does not! At low-cost airlines you have to work to the brink of complete exhaustion in order to make any decent money (and I know this as I have flown with many people from easyJet; ryanair and bmibaby et al.) - whereas with us you certainly do not. :cool:

keeperboy
15th Mar 2005, 11:43
Hi Jettesen.

Iwould be a bit weary of going to BA LGW. You will work to the 'EOG' or eurogatwick contract. Flight pay is hourly rate and there aren't many night-stops any more out of LGW. Can you not go ask to go 'on the list' for a LHR course? Then maybe join easyjet in the time you wait?

On the plus side, LGW short-haul will be merging with LGW long-haul over the next two years so you would have mixed flying albeit on a 'new contract'.

Friends say you can expect to take home around 1100-1200 per month after tax. LHR short haul between 1600-1800 provided you do 'trips'. More with overtime. Hope this helps!