PDA

View Full Version : 911 related question

HowardRoark2
12th Mar 2005, 20:10
Hi all. I would like to trouble you for some help. On another forum, The following was posted. I would like to ask for an honest evaluation of the claims made in this post.

Thanks

source (http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread118255/pg12#pid1257663)

Originally posted by truthseeka
Here's one, for starters...

One of the first anomalies that many people noticed immediately after 9/11 was the inexplicable non-reaction of the military air defense system to the hijackings.

It has been standard operating procedures for decades to immediately intercept off course planes that do not respond to communications from air traffic controllers. When the Air Force "scrambles" a fighter plane to intercept, they usually reach the plane in question in minutes. The Air Force plane will then fly next to the non-responsive plane, and rock their wings -- a way to say "follow me" to a nearby airport (if the plane merely has lost its radio equipment). If the intercepted plane refuses to respond, there is a graduated series of actions the Air Force can use -- firing tracer bullets in front of the plane, even shooting it down if it is a threat. This is analogous to police pulling motorists over for having their lights out - every driver in the US knows that when a police car behind them turns on their siren, they are supposed to pull over, just like every pilot knows that when an Air Force fighter plane pulls beside them, they are supposed to follow their orders, too. If the light bulb has merely burned out, the motorist will get a warning, but the police have a graduated series of responses they can employ if the driver is not merely having a mechanical problem (ie. they have just robbed a bank and are driving with the lights off to avoid being seen).

The airspace over the northeastern US is among the busiest on the planet. It is home to the nation's political, military and financial headquarters, the largest population concentrations, and key strategic facilities. A jumbo jet in this area suddenly changing direction and altitude, and refusing to respond to air traffic controllers would be as dangerous as a truck on a busy rush-hour freeway driving the wrong way at full speed. When planes go off course in this busy environment, instant reactions make the difference between life and death -- which is why NORAD (North American Air Defense) practices these kinds of scenarios, and instantly scrambles fighters when there is any hint of a problem.

For critics of the official story of 9/11, the smokiest of the smoking guns is the "failure" of NORAD to intercept the planes. Even if one ignores the abundant evidence that allied intelligence services in other countries provided warnings that the attacks were about to happen, the information from the "insider trading " just before 9/11 that indicated which airline companies would be used, and other clues that clearly show complete official foreknowledge -- there is still enormous evidence that does not fit the official paradigm of "incompetence responding to a surprise attack."

The "timeline" of 9/11 was the first, and most important indicator of a massive discrepancy with the official story. NORAD's fighter interceptors can travel at supersonic speed, yet even the most basic calculations suggested that they had to fly far below even normal subsonic flight speeds to avoid reaching their destination (New York and Washington) in time. (See the "timeline" information lower on this webpage). Apologists for the Bush regime state that since they were not expecting the 9/11 scenario, and thought that the hijacking would be a "traditional" type hijack, but this avoids the question of why the off-course planes were not intercepted (a procedure that does not require Presidential authorization, unlike the order to shoot down the plane).

Even if one is willing to grant exceptional deference to the Bush / Cheney administration, and pretend that they had no idea 9/11 was about to happen, there is no excuse for this ignorance at 9:03 am, when the second (South) tower was hit. At that point, the entire military's air defense system had no doubt that the hijackings were intentional, multiple attacks, and that additional hijacked planes would be used as weapons. This is the time when "President" Bush was content to continue to read to second graders, instead of assuming his duties as Commander-in-Chief.

When the second tower was struck, Flight 77 was near the Ohio - West Virginia border. Around this time, that plane made an unscheduled 180 degree turn, and stopped communicating with air traffic control -- a big clue that this was also one of the hijacked planes. Nevertheless, no serious efforts were made to intercept this plane between 9:03 am and 9:38 am, when it hit the west side of the Pentagon. Planes were scrambled from an air base in the Norfolk, Virginia area during this time, but inexplicably were sent east over the ocean, instead of northwest toward the Washington area. (The weather that morning was perfectly clear, and there is no innocent explanation for why these interceptor planes were sent over the water, away from DC, instead of toward the National Capitol Area.)

Ultimately, Flight 93 was shot down around 10:06 am near Shanksville, Pennsylvania, although this was kept concealed from the public. It's probable that most citizens would have accepted the "need" to keep this plane from reaching the DC area (assuming that is where it was headed), a loss of life that would have ensured that a worse disaster was prevented. However, acknowledging this action might inspire further questions about 9/11 -- such as why the plane that hit the Pentagon also was not shot down, especially since most of the time it was hijacked it was flying over sparsely populated forest in West Virginia and western Virginia. There are a variety of theories why Flight 93 was shot down (but the evidence it was seems overwhelming - see http://www.flight93crash.com for the best compilation), but perhaps a key issue is the fact the plane left Newark (NJ) airport almost an hour late, and therefore it had to be stopped since enough havoc had already been created, and an additional attack, another half-hour after the Pentagon crash, would have been even harder to explain as "incompetence." It is possible, too, that the "heroic passengers" story was always part of the script, but that is, of course, speculation.

More to come in the future...

I think that Truthseeka is a little confused about ATC procedures. Can you help me by pointing out specific errors?

Thanks

HR

BOAC
12th Mar 2005, 20:20
HR - more a topic for the military forum, I feel, than this one. Moved over.

SirToppamHat
12th Mar 2005, 21:45
BOAC

I feel this is more a topic for the bin. Please move again.

STH

HowardRoark2
12th Mar 2005, 22:26
Hey, Why do you want to trash this?

All I would like is some info so that I can combat the ignorance displayed in that post. I don't believe it. However, I do not have the nessessary background to base my assertions on.

If you can refute it in a logical way. Please do so. Thanks. I would appreciate it.

16 blades
13th Mar 2005, 00:19
The Hijackers turned off the aircraft's IFF transponders. Most large-area radars operate secondary only, so would have disappeared from alot of ATC radar screens, making them difficult to track. Primary radar would still have picked them up, but they would have been one (unlabelled) dot among many hundreds. I believe their flightpaths have been reconstructed post-facto from ATC tapes.

How's that for a kick-off?

16B

Cambridge Crash
13th Mar 2005, 02:00
Is this the same truthseeka website that claims that there are 'nuclear generators' and Britain's 'Area 51' in the Box Tunnel under (former) RAF Rudloe Manor? Credibility takes yet another beating... (I know the areas well, and it is a load of horse sh!t).

Shall we regenerate the wholly unsubstantiated Capitalist/Semetic theory behind the 9/11 attacks, whilst we are at it..?

HowardRoark2
13th Mar 2005, 02:08
No, I'm just looking for specifics on U.S. ATC proceedures Pre 9/11 for a commercial flight that "veered off course"

Obviously the Air Force doesn't scramble jets every time this happens. How were these incidents handled?

BOAC
13th Mar 2005, 07:49
SirToppham- I have no moderating powers on this forum so that is down to the 'housekeepers' here. I gave HR the benefit of the doubt by NOT deleting the post! Time will tell.

My tuppence? I think someone said that the old US was soooooo confident of its own safety and security that it did NOT maintain a quick reaction interceptor force over that part of the country, unlike UK. That would have meant that any 'scrambled' aircraft would not have been carrying live weapons and therefore any 'shooting down' would have to have been by a chance 'passing' fighter which DID have ?bullets? on board - for a range detail? - which makes the story VERY unlikely!

I believe policy has changed now:ok: So, I guessfor a commercial flight that "veered off course". Obviously the Air Force doesn't scramble jets every time this happens. may now be out of date?

JessTheDog
13th Mar 2005, 11:52
I would have thought the issue would have been covered in the Congressional inquiry and subsequent report.

Merely having an air defence system doesn't mean it works properly, and it would have been geared towards the former Soviet Union in any case. It isn't true to state that it was SOP for decades to intercept deviating or non-responsive aircraft. The resources to carry out this taskin the US would be immense and monitoring would depend on the prior country of origin or other information about the aircraft, which would (presumably) be continually monitored from reaching US airspace or radar cover. The system was not designed for or capable of dealing with this threat.

Konkordski
13th Mar 2005, 12:30
Go and read the 9/11 Commission report. It explains a lot of what was going on in the military at the time, and why the response wasn't as fast as it might have been.

I'm personally sick of the "conspiracy" mob trying to hint at irregularities and only presenting so-called "evidence" in their favour while conveniently ignoring the overwhelming mass of solid facts which ought by now to have buried both them and their sordid little w@nk-fantasies.

We're talking about the USA which couldn't even keep a BJ from an intern in the White House quiet - let alone organise any hush-up on this scale.

Enough already. :mad:

SirToppamHat
13th Mar 2005, 14:33
Why do I suggest it be trashed?

Firstly I had a look at the site referred to by HR2. Found just what I expected. Konkordski mostly sums up my thoughts in this regard, though I probably would not have worded it quite so eloquently ;) .

Secondly, most of these types of post degenerate into an exchange of ignorance and I believe they insult the momories of those who lost their lives - beneath most of those who post on this forum.

Thirdly, I was in pain and a bad mood!

Anyone recommend anything for toothache?

SilsoeSid
13th Mar 2005, 14:45
Without wishing to expand on the conspiracy theory side of this thread, ;) , when Konkordski says;

"I'm personally sick of the "conspiracy" mob trying to hint at irregularities and only presenting so-called "evidence" in their favour while conveniently ignoring the overwhelming mass of solid facts which ought by now to have buried both them and their sordid little w@nk-fantasies."

Please tell me what happened to the black boxes of both aircraft at the WTC on 9/11, and while you're at it explain about the passport found in the rubble at 'Ground Zero'.

Fact, neither black box has been located, (that the public domain are aware of anyhow) ! :suspect:
Fact, the passport of one of the hijackers was found in the rubble of WTC?

How does a passport, a paper passport, survive this incident and not 2 black boxes? :confused:

Is that "Enough already"

Its easy to dismiss something as someone elses fantasy when it doesn't match your version of what you are LED to believe happened.

BOAC
13th Mar 2005, 14:52
Sir Toppham -

1) piece of string, tree and car with open window

2) I suspect you may get your other wish shortly!:D

forget
13th Mar 2005, 14:52
Sir Topham Hat,

Can't help you with 9/11 but toothache - yes!

An hour ago I was ready to kill. Down a couple of Anadin Ultra Ibuprofen. These little torpedoes run an immediate Kamikaze attack on whatever neural connection there is between brain and gnashers. Job done!

The wonders of Pprune!

Golf Charlie Charlie
13th Mar 2005, 18:10
Silsoe

On the subject of Atta's passport, I think this story has been generally discredited over time. It was current literally a few days after 9/11, but I don't think it stood the test of time. I think this is discussed and dismissed in the 9/11 Commission report, a copy of which I have beside me, but the book inconveniently doesn't have an index (as good as it is in other respects), and I have no time to trawl through it for that detail.

As for the FDR and CVR boxes, my assumption is that they were consumed in the fires and destruction at the WTC.

SirToppamHat
13th Mar 2005, 18:17
400mg Ibuprofen +
2 x Paracetamol plus

Has taken the edge off.

TVM for the advice!

STH

Razor61
13th Mar 2005, 22:08
STH,

When i was silly enough to try and take my wisdom tooth out with a pair of long nosed pliars and a wood screw (all i had at hand at the time) and the tooth decided to split and make a hole down to the nerve, i ran down the chemist and got a packet of painkillers especially for toothache.... in a tan coloured box. Bloody Good and stopped the pain for around....10 minutes!!

VoicesFromTheCreche
14th Mar 2005, 11:08
....and there was i hoping for a porsche topic

:( :( :(

tablet_eraser
14th Mar 2005, 16:48
For God's sake, can't someone let this 'conspiracy' rest? People should see 9/11 for what it was - a colossal tragedy born out of intolerance and dogma. Given that Nixon was unable to cover up something as (comparatively) simple as Watergate, how the hell does anyone think that the US Government would be able to keep this 'conspiracy' a secret? Conspiracy theorists will find a lie in everything you tell them, no matter how efficiently it has been debunked. If you told a conspiracy theorist the sky was blue, he'd say that it's actually orange, but Bush's evil military painted it blue to provide a reason to invade Iran. Okay, it's a strained example, but I'm sure you appreciate what it illustrates.

Now to the specifics. As has been pointed out, NORAD employed SSR-only radars across its massive area of responsibility, never anticipating that terrorists would strangle IFF prior to perpetrating a massive attack on New York City - normally they would expect a non-squawking, civilian aircraft to maintain contact with air tragic and undergo whatever procedures were necessary to recover to a safe airfield for the transponder to be repaired. As soon as the hijackers strangled IFF, they became invisible to NORAD - and, of course, to the air traffickers, who did try to re-establish radar and radio contact with the lost aircraft. The best that anyone would be able to do in these circumstances is to dead-reckon the position of the air tracks and scramble some interceptors to try and find the target aircraft. This would be an astonsishingly difficult feat, if not impossible, since the nearest QRA airbase was several hundred miles away and since the end of the Cold War the US held no tactical air assets at any great state of readiness.

Do people not remember that shortly after the second plane impacted, F15s were CAPping over NY and DC? No-one knew what to look for, so the USAF made the decision that setting up CAPs over potential targets would be better than looking at tracks disappearing off their scopes. A CAP is, as we know, set up to defend territory or assets against threat aircraft - I think we can admit that the Air Force made the right decision. NORAD may have been slow to react, but UK ASACS and most other AD systems would probably be as slow, given the extraordinary technique of the attackers.

Does anyone actually know for a fact that Flight 93 was shot down? I don't think so. I would suggest that the ethics and accuracy of saying, "we know that Flight 93 was shot down" are being stretched somewhat. Suspect all you like, but for God's sake don't claim it is a fact until you have irrefutable evidence to that effect.

You can debate this issue forever, and people will still disagree. I am content that the 9/11 Commission's report, which was thoroughly researched, independently scrutinised, and peer-reviewed, provides the most accurate account of what happened on that day. The US learned a lot of lessons that day - including the considerable benefits of PSR, which any competent air defender over here could have pointed out prior to the attacks. Whatever happened, people seem to be forgetting the massive human cost of 9/11, and the fundamental shift it engendered in global affairs. These are more important for us to consider than the idea that a democratically-elected president (okay, I'm just trying to provoke the theorists here!) would be compliant with a scheme to kill thousands of his citizens by rigging the WTC to collapse. Barmy. Utterly barmy.

Stevemcmli
15th Mar 2005, 01:01
For God's sake, can't someone let this 'conspiracy' rest?

The problem is that a lot of people are still troubled by what happened despite the
investigations and enquiries that have been conducted since. When I first discovered PPRUNE, one of my early searches was realted to 9/11, hoping to get a heavy jet drivers pespective on the flying skills of the terrorist pilots considering thier limited training.

Anyway.....

Maybe if the USAF watched a bit more TV they would have been prepared, the "terrorists" obviously caught this show.....

A partial synopsis of the plot of a pilot episode of The Lone Gunman, shown on the Fox Network on 4th March 2001. A clip is available at http://www.attackonamerica.net/video.htm

"Byers goes back to his father's home and finds Bert there. Bert slaps him and says he should not have gotten involved. The 12D plan is for a small group of government operatives to crash a jetliner into New York City in order to keep tensions high and increase arms sales. Bert is doing what he can and thinks he knows which flight they have targeted. Back at the Gunmen's office, Frohike is working on anagrams when Byers returns. Helms is also there, and Byers tells him he has talked with his father. It was the plan of the government to flush Bert out of hiding using John. Ray hurries off to find Bert. After he leaves, Bert comes to the door of the Gunmen's office. The two Byers head for the airport to try to find the explosives in the aircraft. Both board the plane, but cannot find explosives, using hydrocarbon "sniffer" devices.

They realize that the airplane will be remote controlled, just like Bert's car was. Talking by phone to the Gunmen's office, Byers asks Langly and Frohike to hack into the aircraft controls. They do and discover that the plane is programmed to crash into the World Trade Center. Bert enters the cockpit and tries to warn the aircrew, but they don't believe him. Making a lunge, he deactivates the autopilot and the crew realizes that they are not in control. They have 22 minutes before they hit the building. Langly can't break the encryption on the aircraft control system --- his computer doesn't have the processing power and the computer keeps freezing. Frohike slips next door to the firing range and finds Yves there. He needs the Octium but she is not impressed by the need to save people's lives. Frohike points out that her name is an anagram for "Lee Harvey Oswald" and says he knows who she is. She uses the Octium in her laptop to somehow assist Langly break the encryption and give the pilots control of the aircraft again. The plane barely misses the skyscraper."

If a TV screen writer could foresee such a scenario.......

SilsoeSid
15th Mar 2005, 09:44
If you told a conspiracy theorist the sky was blue, he'd say that it's actually orange,
After of course, asking which planets sky you were asking about. ;)

Earth?

http://www.lukemastin.com/diary/photos_colombia/choco_sunset.jpg

Mars?

http://www.adlerplanetarium.org/learn/planets/mars/images/vl_sky01.jpg

Jupiter?

http://clari.celinesmiles.com/Blog/Jupiter.JPG

Of course, the obvious schoolboy question, what about at night time?

Nothing is ever quite what you expect it to be. :suspect: ;)

tablet_eraser
15th Mar 2005, 09:46
Actually, as soon as I posted I thought it would tempt someone to post a sunset picture... point well made, Sid! (And great pictures, too!)

VoicesFromTheCreche
15th Mar 2005, 16:33
911 related question!

Any one seen the new pictures of the Porsche Box(s)ter Cayman S - the box(s)ter coupe. Very nice and develops 295 bhp to boot

http://www.sportscarforums.com/printthread.php?t=3572

go here to view!

luv Voices

P.S. there.....happy niw

BEagle
15th Mar 2005, 18:22
Or is it the Porsche Gayman.....?

SilsoeSid
15th Mar 2005, 19:02
Or even the Boxster !

VoicesFromTheCreche
15th Mar 2005, 20:14
Oooooooh handbags girls.

Now what did your mother tell you? If you cant say anything nice, then dont say anything at all.

Ok so speeling mite be a prublem, but I'd hardly call that car effeminate!

Kwite nice, diamond

its pHat innit.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Scud-U-Like
16th Mar 2005, 08:29
Is the picture in your link a development model or is that it? The styling looks about 25 years after its time (granted, the nasty black alloys don't help). Sorry, but it looks like a kit car.

As for 9/11, I think it has all been said.

VoicesFromTheCreche
16th Mar 2005, 09:41
A kit car!

25 years after its time!

Oh contraire. Each to their own i suppose. I like it and wouldnt mind owning one. Best i put that 3% to good use :ok:

Selac66
10th May 2005, 08:20
It has taken me a while to research this topic after HowardRoark2's post. It can't be answered here. If you're willing to keep an open mind then there is plenty of reading which will only make you want to read more. A good start is the 911 Commision Report followed by, or read in conjunction with, David Ray Griffin's book, The 9/11 Commission Report: Omissions and Distortions. When someone posts a 'conspiracy theory' reply you may consider checking out this;

http://www.911truth.org/article.php?story=20050116064744556

Remember: KIP

mfaff
10th May 2005, 18:52
Secrets and the Americans....I know it should make you laugh..until you remember they managed to keep the lid on the A-12 program ( as in the predecessor to the YF-12/SR-71)until after they had retired the whole fleet (OK it ws only operational for a short while but still) to say nothing of the F-117 program..concpet, flight test FSD and production before anyone knew what it looked like for real....

If they want to they can like all of us keep a secret.....

No comment on 9/11 but lots on 911s...

Onan the Clumsy
10th May 2005, 19:09
It was the plan of the government to flush Bert out of hiding using John. Shouldn't that be...It was the plan of the government to flush Bert out of hiding in the John.

Given that Nixon was unable to cover up something as (comparatively) simple as Watergate, how the hell does anyone think that the US Government would be able to keep this 'conspiracy' a secret? What if Nixon got caught ON PURPOSE to make you THINK that the government couldn't keep a secret?

walter kennedy
11th May 2005, 17:58
HowardRoark2
You wrote: <<No, I'm just looking for specifics on U.S. ATC proceedures Pre 9/11 for a commercial flight that "veered off course"
Obviously the Air Force doesn't scramble jets every time this happens. How were these incidents handled?>>
Whatever the procedures were at the time, the controllers may have been confused by not one but several hijack scenario exercises being carried out in the area at the time according to some reports though not widely reported in the major media. Perhaps you could satisfy yourself as to existence of these exercises as they could help you with your query.

Talking Radalt
11th May 2005, 19:11
how the hell does anyone think that the US Government would be able to keep this 'conspiracy' a secret?

Maybe Elvis has the answer. :D

Space monkies ........they're out there, man. :uhoh:

Tigs2
11th May 2005, 19:47
how the hell does anyone think that the US Government would be able to keep this 'conspiracy' a secret?

Well they managed to keep the 'Man on the Moon' NOT, a secret!
Can man really survive going through the van allen radiation belt in an aluminium can wearing a nylon suit? The short answer from any medical scientist - NO! Also, with on average 200 sun flares per mission period, the gamma rays from which would have fried anybodies ass out there, the answer is more definitly no. Forget the photo evidence, the scientific facts with todays knowledge are its not possible. (Aluminium will only stop beta radiation at best)
I tried to place a bet with william hills on line that man has never been to the moon, they would only give odds of 10/1 against, you get more on a football match. Dont know about 9/11 but the USA can keep information as tight as THEY CHOOSE to.
And to think i spent all my boyhood wanting to be a pilot so that i could be like the astronauts. B@@@@@@s! Still ive got a good job though.

Safety_Helmut
11th May 2005, 20:36
Careful Tigs

Someone is watching you............:\

Tigs2
11th May 2005, 22:05
The truth is out there somewhere safety_helmut!