PDA

View Full Version : Mike blocked......

Maurice Chavez
12th Mar 2005, 11:34
Who was the idiot yesterday, blocking 123,7 in Joburg continously? When it happend to you the first time, you replied to ATC that you would 'look in to the problem'. When you were told to pick up the hold over HBV you replied some unintelligent k@k and your mike got stuck again....This time we all had the plessure of listening to you talking to your f/o....

Meanwhile, a Taag Angola 747 and and a Botswana BAE146 were on a head-on collision at FL290....ATC tried to get through to both aircraft and told the 747 to descend immediately to FL280. Due to your blockage, neither aircaft could hear ATC clearly and were 10Nm from head on. ATC kept on trying to get through to both aircraft, when finally your mike got unstuck. At this point the 2 aircraft where less then 10 miles appart....The 747 descended immediate and the 146 turned to the right...Your mike blocked the freq for over 8 mins!!!!!

If you knew, and you were told by ATC that your mike was blocking, why keep on using it? You nearly created a disaster and annoyed the sh1t out of everybody else!

12th Mar 2005, 12:47
Some people were just born that way and cant help it :*

B Sousa
12th Mar 2005, 13:30
Gosh, MC. I thought in the real world of Aviation, some sites actually had back up frequencies.........not the case at JNB??

Phoenix Rising
13th Mar 2005, 03:51
Bert - Why would they pay extra money for a backup freq when they could use it to give another five of their relatives a job :ok: :ok:

PR :E

Little One
13th Mar 2005, 09:29
BERT

WE do have Stby Freq but what use is it if no-one is on them Do you normally monitor our 2nd (back-up) freq which is 134.4Mhz on the off occation that someone might just block the freq.

Not a very bright response.

If a Freq blocks we will firstly not transfer any new acft to that freq keeping them on other sectors freq or rather transferring them to a standby freq. However all thatse already on the now unusable freq are a problem. We will try transmit over the blocking noise which sometimes works if the tx blocking is very weak. Otherwise we have no way of contacting those that are already on freq. Normally if a freq blocks traffic with a bit of sense will contact the next or previous sector and we can relay messages through that sector or the other sector will transfer you to the standby freq.

I was not on duty when this happened so don't know what happened but just thought it an unfounded statement to slag our equipment without thinking it through

four engine jock
13th Mar 2005, 12:50
well its about time that these get there sh@t together.
some of these guy could never fly in europe or the states the way they talk on the radio.
i can to leveling now. you know who i mean.

stay goog MC

B Sousa
13th Mar 2005, 15:15
Little One..........

Sorry to offend you in your great world of Aviation. Nobody said I was bright....I do know in my daily world ( Mostly Class B) that it gets very crowded and if something like that happens its almost automatic that we switch. Notice the question mark as I was asking for an answer not the chip on your shoulder
But then, I guess you dont have 10-20 heavies stacked on Final, with as many departing and probably 20+ of us lowly Helicopters doing the same.
Relax.........