PDA

View Full Version : TACA/Cubana Airbuses

Panama Jack
12th Mar 2005, 05:59
Does anybody know whether these are wet or dry leased? I remember a few years ago an Irish company was doing a wet lease with Airbuses for Cubana.

Aero Honduras
14th Mar 2005, 14:35
Panama Jack: It is a damp Lease, the flight crews are from TACA, but cabin crews are Cuban

Panama Jack
16th Mar 2005, 10:00
Que rico! :} :ok: :E

Squawk7777
21st Mar 2005, 01:50
Eh Aero Honduras what about attaching some photos? :E

Nomansland
25th Mar 2005, 00:26
Can someone fill me in on the airbus fleet with Cubana. how many and types. Who does the pilot hiring and what is their contact information.

I'm current as Captain A320 with a Canadian ATPL.

rgds,,

Panama Jack
25th Mar 2005, 05:34
Normansland, as was established earlier in this post, the A-320's operated by Cubana are damp-leased by Grupo TACA. Therefore, if you are a citizen of Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Nicaragua, Costa Rica or Peru, your A-320 qualifications should be very attractive to the airline and you would apply at the TACA office in one of those countries.

Nomansland
25th Mar 2005, 16:00
Thanks for that. I believe that as a canadian I am able to work in cuba as I was offered a job on the a330 as an fo based there last year. Didn't take the job though.
Would you mind posting the name of the hiring individual with TACA and an email address.

also, how big is the airbus fleet?

rgds,

Panama Jack
26th Mar 2005, 00:27
I don't know who operates A-330's for Cubana, but it certainly would not be Grupo TACA (they do not operate A-330's). The question is not so much whether you could work in Cuba because you are a Canadian, rather, whether you could work for Grupo TACA because you are not a Guatemalan, Salvadoran, Honduran, Nicaraguan, Costa Rican or Peruvian.

The name of the Chief Pilot is Cap. Sergio Alburez (a Guatemalan).

The address directory for Grupo TACA can be found here (http://www.taca.com/esp/cus/coff/coffouroff.asp)

Aero Honduras
1st Apr 2005, 19:25
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/690642/L/

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/594013/L/

Panama Jack
4th Apr 2005, 16:21
Very funny Aero Honduras.

I think we wanted to see pictures of the Cubana cabin crew, not the airplanes. :ugh:

Lite
5th Apr 2005, 12:47
I believe that Novair, the Swedish charter airline, are currently leasing the A330 aircraft to Cubana, but that Cubana are always looking to European charter airlines to provide good leasing deals.

One quick question, can Cubana order & operate any new generation Russian aircraft or do these have too many American parts? I've noticed the new Tupolev (204?) aircraft that look like the 757 with winglets are very popular with Russian airlines.

pitch6
5th Apr 2005, 12:58
Hola Lite,

I think the times are over when Cuba received parts and airplanes in exchange for other goods from Russia.
Now Russia is a capitalist country, demanding for everything hard currency cash.
There airplanes are not that cheap in buying and operating.
Besides many Airplanes in Arizona desert waiting for buyers. Fokker100 real bargain.

Pitch6

Lite
5th Apr 2005, 14:46
I'm fully aware of the many aircraft out on the second hand market, but many of these are from American manufacturers or leasing companies, and I'm not sure on how Cubana can recieve these aircraft under these conditions?

It seems to me that Cubana would have an ideal aircraft in either the Fokker 100 or Boeing 737-500 for domestic & shorthaul.

Hot Rod
24th Apr 2005, 07:45
Yes, the A330 is from Novair. It has Novair cockpit-crew with some Cubana F/O´s and cabin-crew is Cubana.
That contract will end april 30, then Air Atlanta will take over with a B747-400.