PDA

View Full Version : FCA Star Class Premier

afterdark
12th Mar 2005, 03:45
I have booked flights on First Choice new star class premier to Sanford after being told the seat configuration would be 2-2-2 in premier seating ( by a rep in first choice whilst booking )after seeing pictures of the new cabins this does not seem to be the case..... can anyone who works for FCA tell me if its just a sales ploy to get ppl to use their new service ???

FormerFlyer
12th Mar 2005, 07:27
I've had it confirmed on some internal stuff that the config is 2-2-2 which is one reason I have booked to SFB in Premier in June.

cheers ;)
FF

Echo Victor
13th Mar 2005, 19:36
Hi

Just to comfirm that the whole aircraft is configured 2-3-2!

Star Class Premier have the extra 3 inches more leg room than the Star Class cabin.

Here's a link to the pics of the interior

http://myaviation.net/search/search.php?view=&regnr=G-OOBK

Flyer

speedbird_heavy
13th Mar 2005, 23:52
What a horrid shade of blue... And what's with the red lighting...?

afterdark
14th Mar 2005, 00:20
I have seen the pictures thats what got to me the most and made me realize that First Choice were telling porkies about the seats being a 2-2-2 configuration

Avman
14th Mar 2005, 15:28
Wow an extra 3 inches! What saddens me is that, looking at the photos, the STARCLASS seat pitch looks no better than what was once (many moons ago) the norm for Economy class. Yes, I'm that old. ;)

Edited for a missing punctuation mark.

Globaliser
14th Mar 2005, 16:38
Avman: Wow an extra 3 inches! What saddens me is that, looking at the photos, the STARCLASS seat pitch looks no better than what was once (many moons ago) the norm for Economy classI wonder if there's a nomenclature confusion here. FCA is going to have Star Class (ie ordinary) and Star Class Premier (ie premium). The pictures linked to are, I would bet, normal Star Class. As Star Class Premier is advertised at 36" pitch, and Star Class at 33", the pictures really aren't far off today's scheduled economy - in fact slightly better than most scheduled airlines'.

Herp
21st Mar 2005, 08:44
The first pic is the Premier cabin (9" widescreen TVs in the seat-back) and then second pic is the standard "Star Class" Cabin.

The IFE in the front is 'Audio-Video On Demand', so you can stop your film while you go for a pee or a leg-stretch, although the standard cabin's IFE is normal playback. There is a possibility of playing the interactive games and in some cases challenging another seat.

The red lights in the first pic is the 'Dusk' setting on the Mood Lighting - a transient colour during the 5 minutes process of dimming the lights when it is time for you all to go to sleep.

Hope this helps.