View Full Version : BMI regional roster

troubles
11th Mar 2005, 19:08
Can anyone give some details about the E145 crew roster and basing policy. Also any details regarding the interwiew.

I appriciate your answers

Thanks,

Troubles

randomair
12th Mar 2005, 09:14
Hello,

I have only been with the company for a short while but i might have some info you would like.

Rostering: You get a definite roster for the the following week, and a proposed roster for the following month. And as far as my experiences go and what i`ve been told, its fairly stable.
Depending on your base the amount you work you do can vary slightly, but generally 4 days working 1 standby and 2 off.

Basing: There are 6 bases in the UK: Leeds, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, East Midlands and Aberdeen. They try and make your positioning as fair as possible, with it being on seniority.
However a group of 8 of us just recently started and most of us are where we want to be, but obviously theres an element of luck involved.

The interview, without giving too much away is very relaxed, with a mixture of personal questions, situational questions and technical questions. (So know your stuff)

I hope i have been of some help.

randomair

troubles
12th Mar 2005, 16:56
Thanks! great help.

Would you know if any career opportunities exist towards mainline?

Scottie
13th Mar 2005, 09:03
Whoa! You're not even in the door yet and you're looking at leaving!

I was one of the first four in bmc (as it was then) to transfer across to bmi. It can be done but they don't take many.

troubles
13th Mar 2005, 18:21
Thanks!

But you know before you ebter the door you should have some idea what's behind it. But I think I have a fair understanding now.

A nice livingroom with an OK kitchen, a wonderfull garden, but the seccond floor may need some work....