PDA

View Full Version : Ssh Airport

excel222
11th Mar 2005, 14:03
OH MY GOD! SHARM EL SHIEK IS THE PITS!
WHAT A TERRIBLE AIRPORT. WHATS GOING ON DOWN THERE?
JUST OPERATED A FLIGHT. DELAYED BUT FLIGHTS WERE DIVERTING TO HURGURDA! ANYONE ELSE HAD PROBLEMS?

DELTABOY
19th Mar 2005, 11:59
Its a nightmare airport. i went there on holiday at the beginning of the year...never again!
It is quite obvious that the resort of Sharm El Sheikh has now become Egypts answer to Tenerife! with hords of grotty Brits now travelling down there & being processed through an airport & that clearly can not cope with the massive volume of traffic. It takes you up to 45 mins to actually get inside the airport terminal check in hall due to the security checks. The Russians obviously love this place with Tupolev 154's & Ilyusian wide bodies landing every hour of the day resulting in carnage & tempers flaring as they arrogantly force their way through queues in the departure area. I thought it was going to be a fairly unspoilt, quieter place to holiday, but I guess I should have known better when we pulled up next to an Air Atlanta B-747 spewing out hords of stressed, white families with their sticky children only to then wait 1.30hrs to get through the the immigration control.....DREADFUL!
:uhoh: :{ :{

TJ747
19th Mar 2005, 12:13
LOL @ DELTABOY

I know what mean mate, it is a nightmare of an airport, how Air Atlanta manages to fill that 747 i have no idea. Its practically full every single week. Where do they find everyone.

One thing that does make me laugh, i have seen at many overseas airports 1 check in desk for like 200 people, queue going out the door, take EFL for example, gets packed somedays.
Now all those brits that stand silenty (except a few) and wait their turned to be checked in etc, yet if it happens over here in the UK, which it does sometimes, all hell breaks loose.

Ive had people shouting at me demanding that i ask for more desks, they can quite clearly that its busy and everyone is in the same boat, but hey, what happens,happens. Just gotta get on a deal with it the best you can.

Just makes me laugh, how it seems that it is ok for some Overseas Aiports to run like this yet we expect our own to be the most efficient.

Doesnt matter where you are in the world, s**t happens.

Many Thx

TJ747

airmemphis
27th Mar 2005, 00:02
Alright, alright I fly into SSH frequently and the airport has undergone alot of improvements. The busiest days are Thursdays and Sundays (the latter is when EUK use the B742, BY use the B763 and MON use the A332) and yeah it does get very hectic but at the moment they are building a second terminal that should open in early 2006.

This link has a few pics of the airport (replies 5 and 9)...enjoy

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/2003533/4/