PDA

View Full Version : Airliners.net issue

Ontariotech
11th Mar 2005, 12:46
Good morning folks,

Wen to check on the latest pictures on airliners.net posted this morning and I receved the following message:

"Airliners.net has very scarce bandwidth and server resources. You are therefore not allowed to use any
kind of image harvester or similar to download content from our site. Please respect that. If you are
getting this message even though you are not misusing our services, contact us and we will sort it out."

If I can get onto the website, I would contact them, but I cannot. Am I in trouble for something? It mentions harvesting pictures. Last time I checked, I don't garden:} , but anyway. Anybody have any Idea what's causing this? And if not, can someone post me an email for airliners.net admin so I can get back into the site? Cheers folks.

Say again s l o w l y
11th Mar 2005, 13:11
It must be you I'm afraid!! I had no problems going on there just now.

Try [email protected]

zoink
11th Mar 2005, 13:13
What type of Browser are you using to view the page? If it's something other than IE,Netscape, AOL, Opera or Firefox then it might think that it's a harvesting application to mass download images....

Ontariotech
11th Mar 2005, 14:30
Very strange indeed, I just cleared my cookies, hey presto, I am in. I was just using IE6 and thatnks for the email.

amanoffewwords
11th Mar 2005, 15:21
Did you have to mention that site - took me two months to "come off it" and now I'm going to waste the rest of the afternoon looking at what I've missed in the last weeks. :{ :ok:

The Real Slim Shady
11th Mar 2005, 19:20
I took a seriously good piccie of a BMed (BA paintwork) 737 last week, FL 350 over TPS.

When I croped and enlarged it on Photoshop for upload to A.N turned out to be an A321 !!

DOH!!

Ontariotech
12th Mar 2005, 18:46
I absolutly love the site, whoever is taking pictures at Manchester, WOW. Some really great shots.

Flying Lawyer
12th Mar 2005, 19:13
amanoffewwords

Try this collection for a change. Some stunning and very unusual aviation pictures.
Click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76347).