PDA

View Full Version : Interview Air Mauritius

Joe Patroni
11th Mar 2005, 06:22
Hello, I have been invited for an interview with MK for the A340 F/O position. I have read all the posts here but decided to give it a try.

Does anyone have any info on tests to expect during the interview. Questions, Psy. test? Do they have a sim ride? Can anyone shed some light please?
Any info is highly appreciated and I will give a feedback afterwards.

Thanks Joe

dessas
11th Mar 2005, 07:50
Interview is easy. More if you are FFL (french as a first language)
Psy even more so.
If you are offered a job they will give you a provisional contract and send you to FRA for a check ride. Probably with a normal Captain, to do manning - 2 full sessions.
If you pass your sim evaluation and after you are released on line you get final contract which will be in force from the start of the prov one. Full salary from date released on line. Could be up to 2 months...

barel-roll
11th Mar 2005, 08:31
Dessas:
why is the interview more easy if you are FFL?
Can you choose your language during the interview???

Joe Patroni:
When are you invited for the interview?

Joe Patroni
11th Mar 2005, 09:30
Thanks, is it a standard psy test? French is not my first language but I speak french (more or less). They didn´t mention anything about the interview in french, all conversation with them is in english so I am sure interview is in english too. But I´m flexible :-)

Is there an assessment or just 1 to 1 interviews? Sorry for all the question Dessas but I want to be prepared.:O

My interview is end of march.

Joe

Where are we now?
11th Mar 2005, 10:05
Hey Joe,
Can we swop positions? You take the job at MK and I can take your old job?

Think twice!!!

Joe Patroni
12th Mar 2005, 08:26
WAWN:

If I get picked by MK and I meet you, I´ll hand you everything over for an application. Are you F/O or Capt. ? But I hardly doubt that you will be happier here. Every rose has its thorn!

PM me if you like.

Any more hints on the interview? Questions, assessment, what bases are they looking for? Heard about CDG and LHR a couple of months ago, is that still current?

Joe

Joe Patroni
15th Mar 2005, 18:23
Anyone care to share more details?

Joe

dessas
16th Mar 2005, 06:20
Official language is English, but most Mauritians prefer French – it’s the mother tongue here. Mauritians speak English with French accent.
U should read some history, don’t come to Mauritius barely able to point it on the map.
Psy is standard.
Interview – can get technical a bit, depends who is doing it. If it’s the CTC of MK – expect some questions. He is Cino-mauritian (of Chinese origin). No test.

Joe Patroni
16th Mar 2005, 06:35
Dessas:

Check your pm!

Joe

dodoflies
16th Mar 2005, 09:54
Hey JOE,
Mind you that CTC is a renowned A-Hole DELUXE.......BEWARE

Joe Patroni
1st Apr 2005, 09:11
Hi guys, anybody been to the interview last week/ this week?

Cheers

Joe

ALTCRUISE
1st Apr 2005, 16:21
If the "9G Parrot" ....namely the CTC, is on the interview panel, be prepared to answer some pretty dumb questions that he has dug up from God knows where.....and to stare at you with total contempt, should you not know the answer......none of which will show you to be a learned Pilot,.....rather, to show you how much cleverer he is than a "low-life" such as yourself.....if you know what I mean !!!!

MORE OF THE SAME DURING ROUTE-TRAINING !!!

This is the very same Gentleman, who a good few years ago, as part of his "desertation" (In becoming the GREAT Pilot that he is today...chuckle.....chuckle....!) demonstrated to PERFECTION the term and consiquence "Vmu".....with a 767.

And Jesus Wept............!

G Jetson
2nd Apr 2005, 00:59
Joe,
How did your interview go, you said it was going to be at the end of March ?.

Joe Patroni
2nd Apr 2005, 11:15
Interview was good, thanks!

Tell you more later.

Cheers

Joe

Byjingo
2nd Apr 2005, 20:44
Ah, a man of few words.
Would you care to elaborate, what was the interview like, who interviewed you, the questions etc.
If you get offered a position would you take it ?
What fleet were you interviewed for ?.

Just interested to see other pilots perceptions.