PDA

View Full Version : Handsfree/in car kit query

Fokkerwokker
10th Mar 2005, 23:05
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the in car kit to run the incoming stuff from your mobile via the car speakers?

Lots of geeky words on websites but can't sort wheat from the chaff:confused:

pilotwolf
10th Mar 2005, 23:11
Yes - loads of kits available that do that - varying qualities though.

What phone?

PW

Keef
10th Mar 2005, 23:22
In a word, YES. It depends on the car and the ICE system. Mine came with a "pre-equipment pack" which needed a phone-specific interface kit.

The phone slots into a holder which connects to the charger/antenna connector, and works through the radio and a microphone somewhere in the headlining. Pretty good, too.

Some cars now come with a Bluetooth interface - you start the engine, the BT links to the phone in your pocket, and the car system works just like a BT headset would. If it's as good as the Motorola BT headset with my V3, it's going to be brilliant. If it's as bad as the SE one with my previous phone...

Fokkerwokker
10th Mar 2005, 23:23
Now I feel 'mega-thick'!

Nokia 6230 is the machine

Ta for rapid responses...much appreciated

FW

Fokkerwokker
28th Mar 2005, 18:03
Many thanks Speechless. I will go down that 'road'.

Brgds

FW

Hamrah
28th Mar 2005, 21:12
FW,

I also have installed a Bluetooth Car kit that works through the car stereo. It works with a range of bluetooth enabled phones.

Ask for a Demo next time you're around.

:)

H

Coconutty
30th Mar 2005, 10:35
This company also provide some "useful" kit AND advice :
Sio Communications (http://www.siocommunications.co.uk/wiring.html)

I wanted to connect my Nokia Car Kit 126 up to the speakers in my Volvo S60 - the Volvo dealer said the only way it could be done was by purchasing THEIR interface box which also required a software download into the car systems before it would work - at a MEGA cost !

Sio Communications provided me with an interface cable, full instructions and FREE telephone support at a fraction of the cost -I can highly recommend them ( even though I don't get commission ! )

In use the phone audio is routed to the front speakers of the car stereo, whetehr the stereo is on or off, while the output from the radio / CD etc ( if it is turned on ) is muted during the phone call, then reinstated when the call is completed.

The web site is worth a look at even if you buy elsewhere as there is some useful stuff including wiring information etc.

Edited to add something I forgot !