PDA

View Full Version : New Union?!

wayne_king
10th Mar 2005, 20:46
Here's a new union that's sprung up:

The AFAP teaming up with Oldmeadow, Qantas, Sunstate, Jetstar, and Eastern management to fight the Eastern pilots who want to be represented by AIPA!!!

It's amazing how true the saying "your enemy's enemy is your friend" is. For any of the Eastern pilots who were still a little unsure if the move was the right thing to do, this coalition formed to fight AIPA's rule change is the best proof that it IS the right thing to do.

The AFAP want continue to do nothing and the easy money to keep rolling in, and the various Qantas management and I.R consultants don't want to lose their competative tension and ability to divide and conquer. I mean who knows what this kind of move might lead to in the years ahead- all Qanats Group pilots in 1 union not undercutting eachother perhaps?

So in a cushy little back room deal the AFAP and Company agree to back eachother, next thing is they'll probably be writing affirmations of eachother's great abilities! What a hilarious situation that would be- the flight ops managers writing to say what a great job the AFAP are doing fighting them!!

At least the final irony is that the Howard Government's I.R laws that have made the Company so powerful over the years will actually work in the pilots' favour this time as the majority vote with their feet!
:ok:

Kaptin M
10th Mar 2005, 21:25
What a load of childish :mad:ing rubbish, and waste of bandwidth. :)

vigi-one
10th Mar 2005, 23:02
the name says it all.

Agent Mulder
10th Mar 2005, 23:49
You two doubters don't know how wrong you are.

All will be revealed in the very near future and it will stick like the proverbial blanket.

Strange bedfellows indeed. However when your existence is at stake, you reach out to all and sundry.

Kaptin, you'll be ill, considering what Oldmeadow did to you and your mates.

spinout
11th Mar 2005, 07:56
Oldmeadow’s job is to divide and knocker without that he is out of work…

Qantas, Eastern, Sunstate and Jetstar management don’t want to see all Qantas Pilots in the same union.

TWA want Eastern Pilots to join them…

ASU want Eastern Pilots to join them…

AIPA want to protect their jobs and income by increasing the pay and conditions of the subsidiaries…

I would go with the service provider that produces the best result for me..

:cool: