PDA

View Full Version : Posting Old Photo's

SPIT
10th Mar 2005, 17:32
Hi
I have just aquired some photo's of OLD (lincolns. yorks and dc3s) taken by a friend when he was stationed in Nirobi (dont think the spelling is correct) in the 40s or Early 50s. I am sure some of you (The Lincs are 44 and 9 squadron would like to see some of them but could somebody please tell me HOW I CAN POST PICTURES???
All the Best:confused: :confused: :ok:

adr
10th Mar 2005, 17:45
1. Scan the photo. Save it on a computer that connects to the internet.
2. Visit www.tinypic.com and follow the instructions. Copy the URL your photo now lives at.
3. Create a message here. Press the [IMG] button and paste in the URL of your picture.
4. Post the message as usual.

adr

Echo 5
10th Mar 2005, 17:48
SPIT,

There is a Thread on Rotorheads by Heliport called " How to post Photographs "

Easiest way to find it I think is to go to Rotorheads, type in " Photographs " at the bottom of the page and do a search. The thread you want is about half way down the list.

Cheers,

E5

hobie
10th Mar 2005, 17:57
here you go ......

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=145070&highlight=How+to+post+Photographs

airborne_artist
10th Mar 2005, 18:00
How many do you have?

I have space on servers I manage - if you can scan them and mail to me I could then create a mini site for them with a link from a Pprune thread.

You could go to www.flyer.co.uk and take out a free dial-up subscription (even if you have broadband, no need to use a modem) and then you'll have a domain called www.yourname.flyer.co.uk, and 50mb of space, which should be enough to host plenty of pics (at 50kb/pic average). You'd need some FTP and htm skills/software

Email / PM me for more.