PDA

View Full Version : Who 2 borrow money from ???

Capt. Vilo
10th Mar 2005, 16:19
Hey guys, just looking for some help .... Just finished my atpl groundschool and now with 14 passed exams I want to get flying.Ive been looking at the hsbc for a "study loan" as they advertise for the cpl etc etc ... just wondering if anyone has taken a loan through a different bank and if so what kind and how much ?
Any help and advise would be good,did a search but haven't seen what im looking for.
thanx all........

FlyingEngineer
10th Mar 2005, 16:42
A good site about loans is: www.loans.org.uk, Northern Rock are good and offer a fixed 5.7% APR over a repayment period of up to ten years for anything up to £25000. I think TESCO and some of the other supermarkets where reasonable also..

Sorry web site without comm\'a! www.loans.org.uk

ChocksAwayUK
11th Mar 2005, 09:22
That's useful stuff FlyingEngineer.. i've been having a nightmare dealing with a really incompetant guy at HSBC and Northern Rock looks like a better deal.

However, i presume most of these companies require you to start paying back the loan immediately? Are there any that let you hold on for a year or so before starting repayments? Can't see any info about that on Northern Rock's website.

wheatools
12th Mar 2005, 09:03
Another option to have a look at is career development loans from your bank. Mine did an ok deal, you have a deferment period for up to 6 months after the course ends, floating interest rate (just slightly above the morgtage rate i think) payment period of up to 10years... was about the best deal (in terms of flexability) i could find. It took a bit of effort to apply and I think i was just lucky as the person I spoke to at my bank was really helpful.